Rock bleaching

cowboy2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening R2R. 4 months into the hobby so I'm still new but thanks for having me. This may sound like a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I'm curious about bleaching rocks. Long story short I know nothing good happens when you rush and I was all about quarantine as I have watched and heard many horror stories. I was about 4 months in no corals as of yet but wanted to get my tank stocked. I rushed and got ick anyway. I was transitioning from a 55 to a 75 anyway and am starting over but wondering if I should use my same rock. I'm only interested in weather bleach kills ick. All my ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels were stable. I know the life cycle of the parasite and understand the whole fallow period but cant seem to find if bleach kills ick. I already bought another 20 lbs of new rock. I just want to know if I can use my old rock after bleaching

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening R2R. 4 months into the hobby so I'm still new but thanks for having me. This may sound like a dumb question but I'll ask anyway. I'm curious about bleaching rocks. Long story short I know nothing good happens when you rush and I was all about quarantine as I have watched and heard many horror stories. I was about 4 months in no corals as of yet but wanted to get my tank stocked. I rushed and got ick anyway. I was transitioning from a 55 to a 75 anyway and am starting over but wondering if I should use my same rock. I'm only interested in weather bleach kills ick. All my ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels were stable. I know the life cycle of the parasite and understand the whole fallow period but cant seem to find if bleach kills ick. I already bought another 20 lbs of new rock. I just want to know if I can use my old rock after bleaching
BRS and others have several videos on bleaching. I was watching them today. General consensus is a minimum of one week in a 10 to 1 solution of water and bleach. I just started a garbage can full of Florida rock

OP
OP
C

cowboy2013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS and others have several videos on bleaching. I was watching them today. General consensus is a minimum of one week in a 10 to 1 solution of water and bleach. I just started a garbage can full of Florida rock
Thanks man. I follow them as well. Good advice from long time reefers

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back