Rock flower anemone

TheHauers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, we have a 12g nano cube with live rock, a rock flower anemone, a peppermint shrimp and a couple feather dusters. The RFA has more than doubled in size (very happy) and attached to the bottom of one of the live rocks. We noticed a couple bubble like lesions (?) they are on the center of the circumference of where it looks like it’s splitting. It’s spread around the bottom and looks like it’s splitting. Has anyone seen this? Everything we’ve read says not possible....

D9E30F9F-3EEC-4634-9FA3-7D96094BB2A4.jpeg 4D9B5A91-7042-4038-8988-43E08BDD827B.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things first. Welcome to Reef2Reef!
PicsArt_04-06-12.01.10.jpg

Rock Flower Anemones absolutely, positively do not split. The male will spawn, the female will take in some of the spawn and some time later (best guess currently is just over a month) she will deliver extremely tiny babies.

I believe you are looking at the area right around it's mouth (the very center of the nem)? It's not at all uncommon for them to puff up in the area around the mouth or even occasionally to push their insides out through the mouth. They can stay that way for hours to as long as several days (less likely).

If you think something different is going on, I'd suggest trying for better photos.
I hope this helps?

Just so you know a bit about me, given you are new here. I have a 16g RFA (Rock Flower Anemone) breeding tank with over 30 of then in it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 166 61.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.1%
Back