Rock Flower Anemones - Breeding for new colors

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any information on if rock flower anemones of different colors can be bred for new colors. For example, if I had a male rock flower with a blue rim and red inside, and a female rock flower with a red rim and blue inside, could the babies be fully red or fully blue? Does this logic apply to striped rock flowers, or rock flowers with different patterns?

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several "babies" in my tank. From my best guess I have a orange center, with green tentacles, and a stark white one seem to be the breeders.

Most resemble their parents(either being all white, or ornage with green tentacles, or some variation of orange and white), and the others are some variation of the parent.

OP
OP
Losirk

Losirk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several "babies" in my tank. From my best guess I have a orange center, with green tentacles, and a stark white one seem to be the breeders.

Most resemble their parents(either being all white, or ornage with green tentacles, or some variation of orange and white), and the others are some variation of the parent.
Interesting!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 164 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 92 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.3%
Back