Rock scape ideas for coral

Holy handgrenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day to everyone . I am currently cycling my 20 gallon tank and need an idea with the rock work. I have something set up already but i don't know what the best scape would be if i wanted to add coral later on. I didn't glue the rock yet so im free to move each piece. Im looking to get most of my coral that originate from the Caribbean. Some of the corals i was thinking of; deep water zoanthids, maybe a species of photosynthetic gorgonian, ricordea, some shrooms. Only a few i have in mind but any soft coral suggestions, placement and rock work would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some pics of the scape i have (the rock pile i have over on the right is just spare materials)

Im just trying to find the best places where i can place corals to eliminate takeover by one or more species
20210825_123616.jpg 20210825_123656.jpg 20210825_123709.jpg 20210825_123820.jpg

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks good.

Aquascaping is the hardest part, in my opinion, because there's always a thought that you can do better. But as long as you're getting good flow in the tank, and there are plenty of surfaces to attach corals to at different heights (to get more/less light), then it's really just whatever you want.

I like that you have big arches to swim through. My only little thought might be that row of rocks along side could trap a lot of debris as water can't flow through it that easily. You could open it up to get more flow.

Otherwise - just do whatever you like. You're the one that has to stare at it!

OP
OP
Holy handgrenade

Holy handgrenade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rock pile isn't actually part of my scape, its more of like left over rock i left in there that i Don t know what to do with yet.
So i know many have said that its best to keep zoanthids on its own island. Would that be the same case for deepwaters? Im thinking If i place them on the lower part of the structure they will not grow upwards into higher light?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back