• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Rock_lobster, you are my worst reefing experience in 18 yrs of reefkeeping

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First let me say that I have bought and sold thousands of corals and never had such a horrible experience with another reefer. I posted a neptune bounce disk with atleast 35 subadults and babies on the disk. @rock_lobster pm'd me asking for pics and had lots of questions which i was happy to provide at first and sent him 8 pics only for him to imply they weren't legit or "real deal" That is until I told him that I got the original frag of this type of mushroom directly from the original source that brought them in. I even sent him pics of what the mothers this disk has produced over the years. Finally after more questions, he decided not to purchase which was fine. but then a few days later he contacted me again and now wanted pics of the blue base on the shrooms. I told him via pm (i wish i could copy and paste pm's and texts to show wat a pia this guy was) that at this point i thought he was trolling me and i wouldn't do business with him but he insisted that he just wanted to verify the legitimacy of the mushrooms. I thought about it and even though my gut told me not to deal with him, i am piecing together a new system and would rather use cash from coral sales to buy new equipment over dipping into savings. So i obliged once again and sent him more pics of the coral out of water and answered another million questions (ok so maybe not 1 million but you get the idea)...so then he lowballs me from my original listed price (see original thread below) of $1750 obo and says how he can only do $1000...i said "heck no" or the only way i would accept that deal would be if he sent the money as friends and family ...we went back and forth and then he said he would cover shipping by sending me a label. so after all was said and done, i accepted his offer of 1k paid for services or product (not friends and fam) and shipping and I took the day off and my friend was nice enough to help me ship since i had never done it before myself. I have sold many corals over the years locally and even then i know corals sometimes shrink because of the stress so i let him know this in advance just in case he was expecting fluffy well established mushrooms that hadn't been disturbed in a very long time as the pictures suggested. he said he understood.

Now he gets the package on time and says they are "tiny" to which i respond that they are stressed from the travel time of california to Louisiana and once given some time they will recover and fluff up again. He says he will wait and then changes his mind less than an hour later and keeps saying i didn't send him the disk that i represented in pics. and even said it looked as though some were chopped off. I have never chopped off a mushroom and left the foot/base and had it survive and besides that i told him that's unethical and i would never do that. i even told him that i put it on my parents that i sent him the coral that i showed in the pictures and that i have never done that and wouldn't screw over a fellow reefer because i am a strong believe in karma and anyone that has done business with me in the past several years can vouch for the way i conduct business, whether buying or selling. I'm the easiest person when dealing with on either end.

Now he says he's gonna bring it here to R2R and "get everyone's opinion" which I am no dummy, i know that means try to ruin my reputation because he has zero patience in waiting more than just 2 hrs and 47 minutes for the mushrooms to settle in and fully open up. So since i have nothing to hide or fear, i figure i bring it here first..mostly to vent because i hate this new generation of "i want it now" and if it does't happen now , then i want my money back and who cares if the other person's reputation gets trounced through the mud. So there's my side and now bring on all the back and forth which i know wont be fun but i promise to tell the truth and nothing but the truth so help me God.

Rant over. Thanks to whoever took the time to read this.

OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
here's the original thread.

OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The plot thickens and I think I have it figured out....

Four hours ago when he received and opened and saw what he received, he texted me saying "they are tiny but healthy" and "thanks man i'm sure they will grown in pretty quickly there are a ton of little specks even some were on the bottom of the plate" then later saying that one of the bigger neptunes had detached from the disk and was loose in the bag. Then shortly after admitted to owing a lot of money on his credit card and that's why he needs them to grow fast, saying "ya i need to get to selling soon lol. 3500 on my card now" And now this claim that the disk has a lot bare spots followed by the paypal claim to get his money back. So i have figured out that he is trying to scam me. I guess he realized he spent 1k on a frag disk of mushrooms and why pay that much when it's possible more than just one came loose in the bag and now he can just take a pic of the barren tile and show paypal or post here, possibly get his money back AND keep some if not all of my bounces that i have care for and watched thrive in my tank for the past several years.

Sad what greed can do but i'm a true believer in karma and I just know he will remember me when it comes back to bite him in the rear...with interest ; )

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets be real.. Ive bought thousands of corals from 100s of reef2reef members... I didn't get what I paid for. Here is the proof.. picture when received... ALSO now I see why you ask your buyers to use "FRIENDS AND FAMILY" So that you can scam them.
IMG_4029.HEIC.jpeg

And picture of what I paid for.
imagejpeg_0-1.jpg

imagejpeg_0-4.jpg

imagejpeg_0-1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice try except for the tiny little admission on your end at exactly 9:15am today where you say "Thats nice ya there was one larger one detached in the bag"

and when you accused me of cutting some off, I said at 10:27am "u can't cut off shrooms from the top and have them live..u know that"

just ONE minute later you replied @ 10:28am.."i do it all the time just scrape them off with a razor really eazy"

So either you got the ones that detached or you took it upon yourself to use your "eazy" method of scraping some off and now trying scam me by showing the disk the way it is now in this pic above...like i said in our texts, thanks to you, it's the first and LAST time i ship...thanks for showing me how slimy and money hungry some people can be.

Lastly, thank God for texts that keep everything with a time stamp...makes me proving what a horrible human being you are. Just hope a lot of people read this and never do business with you again. But like I said, you're not gonna ruin my nice long weekend. I will take it in stride and let paypal hopefully let justice be served.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice try except for the tiny little admission on your end at exactly 9:15am today where you say "Thats nice ya there was one larger one detached in the bag"

and when you accused me of cutting some off, I said at 10:27am "u can't cut off shrooms from the top and have them live..u know that"

just ONE minute later you replied @ 10:28am.."i do it all the time just scrape them off with a razor really eazy"

So either you got the ones that detached or you took it upon yourself to use your "eazy" method of scraping some off and now trying scam me by showing the disk the way it is now in this pic above...like i said in our texts, thanks to you, it's the first and LAST time i ship...thanks for showing me how slimy and money hungry some people can be.

Lastly, thank God for texts that keep everything with a time stamp...makes me proving what a horrible human being you are. Just hope a lot of people read this and never do business with you again. But like I said, you're not gonna ruin my nice long weekend. I will take it in stride and let paypal hopefully let justice be served.

seriously....... If I scraped them off you would see guts and obvious scrape marks...

OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You make a good point. So just be honest and tell us how many came loose that you kept? You already admitted to one, so why not admit to the other 3 or 5 or how ever many there really were?

OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would have respected you more and actually given you your money back if you would have been real and said that you came to your senses and you can't afford the money you put on your credit card. But this is the wrong way to go about it.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You make a good point. So just be honest and tell us how many came loose that you kept? You already admitted to one, so why not admit to the other 3 or 5 or how ever many there really were?

This scammer skipped 2 redeliveries and finally picked up the package 2 days later at 630pm and he thinks they would be alive?(really should be considered animal abuse). I paid 65$ to ship back fedex express even though paypal didn't require that so he could get his coral back in healthy condition. 789551638020 https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?action=track&tracknumbers=789551638020.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So the slimeball got away with his scam and paypal sided with him.. they are giving him back his money and all they ask is that he send back my mushrooms....and just like i knew he would because even barnacles have more decency than this guy, this is what i got today when i picked up from fedex.

20190905_190517.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are gonna review my new evidence. Am still hopeful this scam artist doesn't get away with this but if he does, he will get his one day via karma.

OP
OP
LA Reef Addict

LA Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, to close out this horrible experience, the scam artist got away with it. Paypal sided with him because apparently the person that reviewed my evidence photos that I submitted that clearly shows a frag disk with absolutely zero life on it, was Mr. Magoo. But it's ok, anytime he tries to posts anything for sale, I will post a link to this thread to warn others so that they don't fall victims to this P0S.

The end~

Back