RODI Attached to Outside Hose Bib Depleting DI Resin Faster

Taylor810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've moved my RODI to my garage to get it out of the master bathroom. I am attaching the intake line directly to the hosebib. Water from the hosebib is 240ish TDS, which is a tad bit higher than what I get from an interior faucet. The RODI filter is making 0 TDS water but the DI resin is being used up much faster than I was seeing from the inside faucet.

Could this be a water pressure issue or something stemming from the hosebib itself? Could this be CO2?

Never made RODI from an exterior hosebib/faucet before, but since it's on the same system as my interior faucets, the only thing that is sticking out to me is that the hosebib is the first faucet after the water comes in from the street and the bathroom I was previously using was the farthest away from the water meter.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temperature? I believe higher temps = less efficiency.

is your outside spigot line copper (and the rest of your house pex)? If you have a water softener w/ filter sometimes the exterior spigots will not be “behind” the filtration.

OP
OP
Taylor810

Taylor810

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Texas, but temps have been relatively cold last couple days (70s and 80s).

The outside spigot is brass, but there is also copper plumbing throughout the house. There might be Pex lines running from the copper to the faucets, but the main lines are still copper.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Texas, but temps have been relatively cold last couple days (70s and 80s).

The outside spigot is brass, but there is also copper plumbing throughout the house. There might be Pex lines running from the copper to the faucets, but the main lines are still copper.
Ok. Trying to find the variables that would affect things.

Greetings from San Antonio!

can you test water pressure? That could be a factor.

I use a booster pump, 2 RO membranes, and 2 resin chambers and it does wonders for my efficiency and output.

You could also add additional pre-filtration or change your membranes.

An in-line PSI gauge is helpful. I have one before the booster (house water pressure) and after.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back