RODI in garage, what to do

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just moved into a new house and and I am torn on what to do. I no longer have a basement for RODI and water storage, my only option is to put it in the garage. My plan was to put the mixing station in the garage on the same wall as the bathroom. Drill a hole through the wall for the feed and drain lines from the sink and mount the RODI unit to the mixing station. But now I am worried about freezing lines and exploding RO filter containers. The garage is insulated with finished walls but I have not lived in this house through a winter yet so I dont know if water will get cold enough to freeze inside the garage during winter. I live in Maryland and while it doesnt happen often it does get below zero at times. The sink is a pedestal style so I cant put the RODI in a bathroom cabinet and even if I run extra line to put the RODI in the adjacent closet I still have to run a length of line in the garage. Anyone else have RODI amd mixing stations in the garage during winter season where it gets cold?

rodi.jpg
water.jpeg

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing a build in my garage also and I’m lucky my garage is heated, all my water system is In my garage (I have well water) so nice and easy to tap into ,, I plan on having my waste water drain right out into driveway down into the gutter

OP
OP
b4tn

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it just like pictured in the garage. It was out there for a full winter with zero issues. I tapped the waterline behind the sink pedestal and ran the Feed and the waste line through the existing water line holes behind the sink into the garage.

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lived on the Eastern shore of Md for 4 years, we had a uninsulated garage, I don:t think we ever had anything freeze in there. We at the time had pet:s that used a pet door for their food and water, so their water was always in the garage. I don:t think the water bowl ever froze. Your tank is up against an insulated wall, you can also run a heater if it really does get cold. I think you will find though that garage temp never threatens to get below 32 no matter how cold outside temps.

Back