RODI System Adapter doesn’t fit my faucet. Faucet is small and has a thread diameter of 3/4”. Can’t find anything that adapts this.

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am having the hardest time finding an adapter for my RODI unit that will make it fit my faucets. I live in an apartment and the faucet sizes are not standard. They are slightly smaller than standard and I think are 3/4 diameter for the threading. I can’t find much info on this besides one calling a junior aerator a 3/4 inch aerator and this might be the adapter for that size aerator. If anyone has this size faucet let me know what you use to connect it to either a hose thread or a normal size faucet adapter.

Thanks!

OP
OP
RedfishReefer

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of setup.
Pics of setup.
39C69F06-CE8A-4E75-977B-71359A1FDEA1.jpeg
5B20A952-3EE0-42CE-BB87-C06D922BCEB0.jpeg

These pictures are the adapter that goes into the faucet. It is even smaller than 3/4 inch so I’m not sure at all what it is.
3B74EBCB-0651-495D-8265-4A7E8CBAA157.jpeg

this is the provided adapter for a standard faucet that the RODI system provided. It is 15/16th the standard faucet size.

I need to find an adapter that takes it from the thread size at the top and turn it into a female for the bottom one or a standard hose adapter.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either a (good) hardware store or Amazon will have it. Look up faucet adapters.

Faucet Adapter Kit, Brass Aerator Adapter Male Female Sink Faucet Adapter Connecting Garden Hose, Water Filter, Standard Hose via Diverter (10 Pieces)

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedfishReefer

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either a (good) hardware store or Amazon will have it. Look up faucet adapters.

Faucet Adapter Kit, Brass Aerator Adapter Male Female Sink Faucet Adapter Connecting Garden Hose, Water Filter, Standard Hose via Diverter (10 Pieces)

Yeah tried hardware stores and idk if that has the size. By the measurement I did the size is like 11/16 which I haven’t heard of anywhere.

halvenator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for hooking it up to the sink supply line. I ran into issues with leaking from the sink adapter decided to go the supply line hook up route and I am glad that I did. Plus, You don’t need to worry about disconnecting to continue to use the sink.
I got this one from BRS, I’m not sure what other options are out there.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your faucet is giving you issues, which I also ran into. You could try plumbing the water to the hookup under the sink.... hopefully those adapters are more standard.
That was my end game. I have a separate line for the ice maker, I teed off of that and put in a 90 degree shut off valve.

OP
OP
RedfishReefer

RedfishReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for hooking it up to the sink supply line. I ran into issues with leaking from the sink adapter decided to go the supply line hook up route and I am glad that I did. Plus, You don’t need to worry about disconnecting to continue to use the sink.

So you connect the hose directly to that adapter as well then?

iamahab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I struggled with hooking my ro system up directly to the facet, I went down under the sink with the mur lok adapter. My life is so much easier once I figured out I could just plumb it in under the sink.Good luck

halvenator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you connect the hose directly to that adapter as well then?

Hopefully a picture of how it’s set up helps! The white line is what goes to the RODI unit and stays in place. My adapter is installed behind the utility sink and I just turn the valve on that sends the water to the RODI when I want to run it.

Attachments

• 2099E238-C042-4C56-9FA9-591B1C8C1A1F.jpeg
    2099E238-C042-4C56-9FA9-591B1C8C1A1F.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 66

Gigajoulz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to add a Y-valve onto my washing machine cold-outlet, bypassing the kitchen and bathroom sink all together and pushing the waste down the washing machine drain in the wall.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most workers at Home Depot or Menards are worthless when asking for help beyond pointing in the right direction for an item. As someone else already suggested, take it to your local hardware shop, like ACE, and they should be able to figure it out for you. Bring all relevant parts to match up.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your apartment have a washer/dryer hookup? The washing cold water hook up may work as well if so

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back