RODI system - Where is the best value? Which to get for my situation.

Borsig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a shallow well in a coastal region. Its a dug well and it has a limited supply, I cannot , for example water my lawn with it because I risk running it dry (will refill in a day, however).

I am looking for my first RODI system. My well pump runs the span between 40-45 on the low end and around 60-65 on the upper end. Its a demand cycle shallow well pump so it runs until 60 or so, degrades to around 40-45, then the pump will recharge the pressure tank to 60 or so.

I need to minimize waste water. My tap TDS is around 350. I *DO* have a softener.

I'm sniffing a 75 GPD system, I am probably going to have anywhere between a 75-120 tank, though I may even do a 220.

I'm trying to get the right system to minimize waste water, and stay in budget. I've seen many systems, and wonder if the BRS systems aren't overpriced, and can I get one of the amazon ones for half the cost?

Looking for what my best options are. I have storage for around 50-75 gallons of RO in the form of a food grade barrel.

I assume I will need a permeate pump to reduce waste? I can't have a 4:1 ratio going down the drain when I need 200 gallons of RO in a week for a fill.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones from BRS are pretty standard. The prices are about the same. The cheapo RO buddies on Amazon have proprietary filters. BRS and others like that all use interchangeable filters. I'd go with the BRS model and get the upgraded one with a second RO membrane, it cuts down on the waste. You can use the water for gardening and laundry. Cleaning. Mostly depends on what is in your water. My water has TDS of about 25, but a big part of that is uranium and radon. I flush the waste. A booster pump is imperative as well.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brs 5 stage with booster pump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back