rodi tubing size foe awc

meiffert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have been building my 1st reef tank and you guys have been helping me along the way. I need some more help today with sizing the rodi tubing for setting up an awc system. My display tank is in the center of my living room and my salt water mixing station is in a mechanical room on the same level about 50 feet away. Im planing to run the tubing for the awc and two other lines one for rodi water to fill ato reservoir directly from rodi system and an air line for the skimmer that I can pull in outside air. All four line will run though my ceiling to the mixing station. As I mentioned roughly 50 feet away horizontally and 8 feet vertically at most. I was thinking of using the Neptune dos pump for the awc. Could you suggest the tubing size and type for the 4 lines and the equipment or cabling that will be needed to accomplish this such as any cables needed to run the dos pump in the mixing station room. My sump and other equipment is in the cabinet under the display tank so I believe that the apex would be located there, and just the dos pump in the mixing station room. Does my thinking on this seem correct? Please let me know your thoughts and if you need any further information. Thank you for your help.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune Dos uses 4mm ID x 6mm OD vinyl tubing so I would suggest that you use that size/type tubing for your awc setup. I would also recommend that you run some PVC pipe and then run the tubing through that pipe to protect it.

As far as the fresh air tubing for the skimmer if you are 58 feet away from the skimmer to the fresh air source your skimmer will never be able to pull air from that far away. I would suggest that you look into using a CO2 scrubber instead if you are trying to get your PH up.

As far as the ato line you cant go wrong with 1/4" poly for that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back