RODI Waste Water

reefertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran my d i Wastewater to air conditioning drain now it is forming a small puddle outside and my dogs are drinking it. My question is is it harmful for my dogs to drink this water

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also say if the AC line is cleaned regularly with chemical cleaners then It would not be good for the animals.

OP
OP
reefertank

reefertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's OK for dogs, who drink from dirty puddles anyway.

I would not suggest a person drink it since bacteria can grow in the system.
Ok just wanted to make sure, love my puppy!
20170408_114550.jpg

OP
OP
reefertank

reefertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also say if the AC line is cleaned regularly with chemical cleaners then It would not be good for the animals.
I typically flush it after I clean it which I only do once a year. Unfortunately my dogs have access to it, which is why I keep it clean.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically flush it after I clean it which I only do once a year. Unfortunately my dogs have access to it, which is why I keep it clean.

You should be good then. I use the waste water for washing clothes. I have a drain for my sump and auto water change to the outside. I dug a whole down to fit a 5 gal bucket, drilled a bunch of holes in the bucket, placed the bucket in the hole and filled the bucket with gravel for drainage. You could try this also.

OP
OP
reefertank

reefertank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like we could do a whole thread to see how people reuse there waste water.

Bruno516

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of our customers use it for a variety of things such as pond water, watering flowers and ect.

the TDS is about 15-20% higher on the waste water since the membrane is rejecting all that and sending it down the drain.

Back