rodi water

White Hair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys don’t have your ro filter system, where do you get your ro water.I know that some stores (Wal Mart ) have ro water is it ok to use, thanks

John Robbins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive known of people using the RO water from the big machine at the Publix and probably other stores. Its a lot better than tap but its hard to know how well the filter works. Ive noticed one here has a date on it for when it was serviced last.

An RO/DI filter isnt that expensive compared to the cost of buying water over time.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a good honest local pet shop you can try there. but you will save money in the long run if you just get a rodi. that and it is nice to just have it at home mix up water and do the change insteed of every time you need water it becomes a bother to need drive to go an get it.

Reefermadness89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.50 a gal for salt or no salt rodi at my lfs. They use Redsea but I use reef crystals.
I want to get a cheap rodi but I don’t feel like a cheap one would Ben enough

AdamB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a spectra pure rodi 4 stage last year and haven’t looked back. The time and cost of driving to LFS . buying rodi or saltwater over a years time doesn’t seem practical to me when you can buy a cheaper rodi system “buddy” rodi for cents on the gallon .I bought my spectra pure on eBay for $20. I just bought new filters . It’s has almost been a year of since I setup and my tds is still 0 by the in line gauge . I used about 60 gallons a month of when I had both tanks setup as reef.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buying water puts you into trusting someone else’s quality control.

Besides the direct cost, there is your cost in time. You have driving cost. You have to buy containers. You have to carry the water. And if you need it on a holiday or odd hours, you are probably out of luck.

If you get a decent RODI system, it will more than pay for itself in a short period of time. Plus, you control the quality.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back