Rodi water

Bmckinney04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aquatic Life RO+DI system and I have using water conditioner to make sure I don't have chlorine in water...I have had diatoms and now hair algea since the tank has been up...I recently about 6 weeks ago upgraded my tank and the old tank had diatoms but no algae...is the conditioner necessary??? Is it what's causing the problems!!! Ugh new to the hobby and am frustrated

Turnage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is normal for a new tank cycling. You are in what we like to call the ugly phase. Get a clean up crew and pull the GHA manually untill it goes away. Watch your nitrates and phosphates and keep them low to control algae.

OP
OP
Bmckinney04

Bmckinney04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thk u for the replies, it has one carbon stage...I am running a carbon/gfo reactor hoping that will help... I'm using API test kits they're not the best and I'm not sure if the phosphate readings I'm getting are true; I'll upgrade test kits in a couple weeks for sure...

20191111_171523.jpg

OP
OP
Bmckinney04

Bmckinney04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I've never posted a picture of my tank, it for sure doesn't look like alot of the beautiful thanks I see on here lol....a work in progress

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thk u for the replies, it has one carbon stage...I am running a carbon/gfo reactor hoping that will help... I'm using API test kits they're not the best and I'm not sure if the phosphate readings I'm getting are true; I'll upgrade test kits in a couple weeks for sure...

20191111_171523.jpg
Tank looks great man! Like previously mentioned, get a cleanup crew and just be patient. You're right in that the API's aren't the most accurate. I just upgraded to a full Red Sea kit myself, so I'm looking forward to see what results it produces.

Nooooooooob1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx, does that kit test for everything or do u buy separate test kits for different parameters
It's two kits. One does basically what the API Saltwater Master kit does(PH, Ammonia, Nitrate, Nitrite + Alkalinity) and the other does Calcium, Alkalinity and Magnesium.

OP
OP
Bmckinney04

Bmckinney04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I'm trying to figure out if I want to spend the money on Hannah testers or not...I've got so much tied up in this tank already; if my wife knew she'd kill me lol but from what I've read and watched people only use Hannah on 2 things like ALK and Phos...let me know how it's does because that maybe what I go to

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back