RODI water

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good advice here and in other posts, like the "RO/DI Basic Guide" link noted above.

As a newbie just starting to think about maybe getting a unit and looking at all the parameters in my municipal source water "quality report", I'm not sure if what I'm looking at is good or bad (or how good/bad) to decide how many stages I would need, etc.

Just as examples from my water report -- not sure how bad this is:

2020_TDS.jpg

2020_Chlorine.jpg

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I plan to set up my tank this weekend or early next week and I am a little nervous about the water.

Would it be worth it this early on to buy and RODI system? If so is there one that everyone recommends?

My other option is to get pre mixed saltwater from my LFS at $1 per gallon. If I get water from them what would be the best way to transport the water?

I have a 40 gallon tank. What would be the recommended amount of water to get and to store at home?

Thank you in advance.
$1 per gallon??? That's highway robbery!

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to glom on to this thread again but...
Considering the LiquaGen 6 stage unit below just since it seems like better value than similar BRS units.

Anything stand out to anyone as downfalls of this unit?
(I posted the TDS and chlorine levels from my GIGANTIC municipal source water quality report 2 posts above -- not really sure what all else I should be looking at on that)

*note -- I've read through the "RO/DI Basic Guide" thread on here and many other posts,,, just on a bit of info overload right now

LiquaGen 6 Stage 150 GPD

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I plan to set up my tank this weekend or early next week and I am a little nervous about the water.

Would it be worth it this early on to buy and RODI system? If so is there one that everyone recommends?

My other option is to get pre mixed saltwater from my LFS at $1 per gallon. If I get water from them what would be the best way to transport the water?

I have a 40 gallon tank. What would be the recommended amount of water to get and to store at home?

Thank you in advance.
Yes. RO buddy. Look on Chewy.com.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back