Winners Announced: ROLL CALL RAFFLE - $$$ Gift Cards $$$ - CORAL MANIA Live Event Sunday 2/28!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Froike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question.jpg

What hobby-related item have you purchased that got you in the most trouble with your significant other?
Everything!!!!

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QOTD Logo.jpg

Question Of The Day:
What got you into this hobby?

How/when did your reefing mania begin?
Honestly to bring something back from my childhood. And it’s the healthiest addiction I’ve ever had!
March of 2020 it begun with a 16 gal that was upgraded to a 75 by November lol

lo7100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About ten years ago, I was bored and bought a biocube from drfosterandsmith and a pair of clownfish from petco. Then, I couldn’t go back.

NeSsyAqua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QOTD Logo.jpg

Question Of The Day:
What got you into this hobby?

How/when did your reefing mania begin?
Nemo got me into this hobby, but back then I did not know anything about saltwater so I purchase a clownfish and put it in my freshwater and next couple hours he wasn't moving and I thought he was just sleeping lol

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Honestly to bring something back from my childhood. And it’s the healthiest addiction I’ve ever had!
March of 2020 it begun with a 16 gal that was upgraded to a 75 by November lol
When I was a little kiddo they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. My answer was a scuba diver. I didn't realize that just scuba diving wasn't a job, and still to this day, I have never been scuba diving. Life has always gotten in the way, but it's at the top of my list!

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nemo got me into this hobby, but back then I did not know anything about saltwater so I purchase a clownfish and put it in my freshwater and next couple hours he wasn't moving and I thought he was just sleeping lol
Oh no! My first saltwater fish was a porcupine puffer. The guy at the LFS that went out of business said he would be totally cool in a 40 breeder (the fish was already 5") and I didn't know the difference. My best buddy died and I was heartbroken.

watty21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always had freshwater and wanted saltwater really bad but never understood the hobby. As soon as a I bought a house, I did my research and now have three gorgeous tanks up and running. Bought the house about 8 months ago!

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QOTD: What hobby-related item have you purchased that got you in the most trouble with your significant other?

My spouse has never given me any grief about any of my hobbies. To quote her, "You work hard, you should do things you like."

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QOTD: What's the most insane reef tank that you've ever seen?

In person? A member of Boston Reefer's, Paul (reefkeeper2), opened his house up after a meeting for people to visit. His gorgeous tank was in a glass sun room connected to his house. It was in the middle of the room and you could walk around all four sides. Plumbing was in the center of the tank and went down through the supports into his basement.

He's replacing that tank now. Here's a pic of the sunroom and his new stand he's working on.

1614286711523.png

Back