Rondon’s IM 20 Peninsula Reef Build

rondon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everybody,

I just created my account. This is my first time posting on R2R, but I have been reading and lurking for quite a while now. I recently had to move from Utah to Wisconsin for my last year of college. I sold my fish and brought along my live rock/CUC in a decently-sized, temperature regulated cooler with an air pump running. My girlfriend was not too happy about this, because we were moving across the country in a small suv, but we made the room! I did not want to lose my precious coralline covered rock, that I had worked so hard for!

I want to use this move as an opportunity to set up a new tank. I successfully ran a 30 gallon tank in Utah, but it was my first attempt at a reef tank. I have many improvements I want to make. I just bought an Innovative Marine 20 gallon AIO Peninsula, because I am a big fan of the aesthetic and it meets my apartments size constraints. I plan to have 3-4 fish and mostly soft/lps corals.

For this build I have currently ordered:

- Fusion Pro 20 AIO Peninsula w/ Black APS Stand
(Comes with media basket, filter sock, magnetic algae scraper, and Mightyjet DC Return Pump)
- XP Aqua Duetto Dual-Sensor ATO
- 2.5 gallon ATO reservoir
- Hydor Koralia Nano Pump - 565 gph
- IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer
- filter floss and chemi-pure blue
- small thermometer

Current CUC:
- fighting conch
-emerald crab
- 2 turbo snails
-3 small trochus snails
- 5 red and blue legged hermit crabs

Current coral frags:
- 2 types of zoas
- branching hammer
-purple pipe organ

I plan to upload plenty of pictures and updates as I start to assemble the tank in the near future. I am glad I have a community to share the process and brainstorm with. I can’t wait to get started!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everybody,

I just created my account. This is my first time posting on R2R, but I have been reading and lurking for quite a while now. I recently had to move from Utah to Wisconsin for my last year of college. I sold my fish and brought along my live rock/CUC in a decently-sized, temperature regulated cooler with an air pump running. My girlfriend was not too happy about this, because we were moving across the country in a small suv, but we made the room! I did not want to lose my precious coralline covered rock, that I had worked so hard for!

I want to use this move as an opportunity to set up a new tank. I successfully ran a 30 gallon tank in Utah, but it was my first attempt at a reef tank. I have many improvements I want to make. I just bought an Innovative Marine 20 gallon AIO Peninsula, because I am a big fan of the aesthetic and it meets my apartments size constraints. I plan to have 3-4 fish and mostly soft/lps corals.

For this build I have currently ordered:

- Fusion Pro 20 AIO Peninsula w/ Black APS Stand
(Comes with media basket, filter sock, magnetic algae scraper, and Mightyjet DC Return Pump)
- XP Aqua Duetto Dual-Sensor ATO
- 2.5 gallon ATO reservoir
- Hydor Koralia Nano Pump - 565 gph
- IceCap K1 Nano Skimmer
- filter floss and chemi-pure blue
- small thermometer

Current CUC:
- fighting conch
-emerald crab
- 2 turbo snails
-3 small trochus snails
- 5 red and blue legged hermit crabs

Current coral frags:
- 2 types of zoas
- branching hammer
-purple pipe organ

I plan to upload plenty of pictures and updates as I start to assemble the tank in the near future. I am glad I have a community to share the process and brainstorm with. I can’t wait to get started!
Welcome. Can’t wait to see the pics once you’ve got it all set up.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back