OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no updates on the tank :( for now I have setup my QT tank and had to grab these 2 while at the LFS.. I know some do not like them however I seem to like the Engineer goby as well as my current watchmen and diamond goby's.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 42

QCPD16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the S850 from lfs on 12/15/21 and was told it would take 8-12 weeks for arrival. I was then called 8 days later and told the tank came in early and was at the store. Charlotte NC

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the S850 from lfs on 12/15/21 and was told it would take 8-12 weeks for arrival. I was then called 8 days later and told the tank came in early and was at the store. Charlotte NC
Oh man this just makes me insane haha nothing much I can do now..

I will call the place I ordered from again Monday they must have forgot to place my order and did not want to admit they messed up.. I placed my order on their website Nov 12th called them Nov 15th and told my order was submitted to Redsea that day and was giving 2-4 weeks delivery and here we are now .... Either way I'm already in trouble with the wife had to finish up the living room / kitchen construction and now the tank will live in my garage office space... as all the counter tops wall space has been put in...

Now if it does not show up this month I'm not sure what I will do..

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
help with suggestion for fish stock..
Hello all wanting to get a few more fish in QT and ready for the new tank.

here is my current live stock

Yellow Head Diamond Goby
Watchmen Goby paired with Shrimp
Purple Tang
Brown Tang
lemon Mimic tang
blue Star Wrasse Female
Midas Blenny
1 female Peculiar Clown Fish:
2 male Wyoming White Clownfish

Currently have 2 Engineer goby's in QT

I would like to add another tang another wrasse as well as a foxface..
Any suggestions would be great.

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well every day it only gets worse hahah..... the tank has been fully paid for and probably wont ever get it at this rate ... they just keep extended the date out... How in the heck are all of you lucky souls getting your tanks before me when ordered after me ???

Here is the latest update from he vendor I ordered from

(Redsea tells me that the S-1000 in white or black cabinets are still out of stock. they have given me a longer lead time again of about 4-5 weeks)

What the f is going on here it stated with 2-4 weeks then 4-8 now another 4-5 that is early feb 3months after i ordered..

Now I'm not sure what to do here? Do I wait another month or so expecting them to more then likely have it extended again and again ...

I know the shipping and all of that is way behind for everything. This is why I called at least 4 shops for the lead time and shipping dates. All of them gave me a 2-4 week wait time when first asked based on current stock levels etc then to be giving this bull crap run around while others tanks show up ordered after me is really troubling me ..

Need to go talk with my calm me down meds this is a painful wait... The last time i felt like this I was 10 waiting for my Nintendo to show up under my tree never happened..

Last edited:

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at several vendor sites, if you order an S1000 tank today, it's months before you'll get them (May-July is what vendors are saying on their site)

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at several vendor sites, if you order an S1000 tank today, it's months before you'll get them (May-July is what vendors are saying on their site)
Man oh man this is not good news... I was checking out the Prostar Rimless 230 but just not sure its the quality I would get from the redsea.. smaller sump not as long etc.. I really like the length of the s-1000 as the fish can really move around ....

Well I thought at an old age I would learn patients is key but my patience can only extend so long at this point hhahaha

Happy Reefing all

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man oh man this is not good news... I was checking out the Prostar Rimless 230 but just not sure its the quality I would get from the redsea.. smaller sump not as long etc.. I really like the length of the s-1000 as the fish can really move around ....

Well I thought at an old age I would learn patients is key but my patience can only extend so long at this point hhahaha

Happy Reefing all
Waterbox makes a 7' long tank. Their 320 system.

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i was looking into that over the s-1000 now the waterbox is out of stock with no ETA at all... ;)
Aw darn. :( There's always the custom tank route, which is the way I decided to go when the time comes. Planning a custom 84" x 30" (front to back) x 24" (tall) tank from glass cages or customaquariums.

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw darn. :( There's always the custom tank route, which is the way I decided to go when the time comes. Planning a custom 84" x 30" (front to back) x 24" (tall) tank from glass cages or customaquariums.
Ya was thinking that option as well.. the only problem with that is I'm still a huge rookie and would have no clue on what to order as far as glass types etc so many options... Guess I'm stuck in this que of wait.. I did get a quick reply from waterbox which was pretty nice as Redsea always tells me to call the vendor i ordered from.. waterbox is changing somethings up on the 320 and they will be back for sale early spring this year... So if my redsea is delayed that long I will go with the waterbox hahah

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya was thinking that option as well.. the only problem with that is I'm still a huge rookie and would have no clue on what to order as far as glass types etc so many options... Guess I'm stuck in this que of wait.. I did get a quick reply from waterbox which was pretty nice as Redsea always tells me to call the vendor i ordered from.. waterbox is changing somethings up on the 320 and they will be back for sale early spring this year... So if my redsea is delayed that long I will go with the waterbox hahah
Those custom manufacturers are great at helping you make those choices. You can just call them. I’m excited to see your build either way.

hja99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well every day it only gets worse hahah..... the tank has been fully paid for and probably wont ever get it at this rate ... they just keep extended the date out... How in the heck are all of you lucky souls getting your tanks before me when ordered after me ???

Here is the latest update from he vendor I ordered from

(Redsea tells me that the S-1000 in white or black cabinets are still out of stock. they have given me a longer lead time again of about 4-5 weeks)

What the f is going on here it stated with 2-4 weeks then 4-8 now another 4-5 that is early feb 3months after i ordered..

Now I'm not sure what to do here? Do I wait another month or so expecting them to more then likely have it extended again and again ...

I know the shipping and all of that is way behind for everything. This is why I called at least 4 shops for the lead time and shipping dates. All of them gave me a 2-4 week wait time when first asked based on current stock levels etc then to be giving this bull crap run around while others tanks show up ordered after me is really troubling me ..

Need to go talk with my calm me down meds this is a painful wait... The last time i felt like this I was 10 waiting for my Nintendo to show up under my tree never happened..
I ordered the same tank within a few days of the date that you ordered yours. I received all the same information initially and currently. It might just be that the 850 came into stock sooner than the 1000. I was disappointed like you that it seems like it might not be until February when the tanks are finally available. I looked at custom, Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and several others and finally was debating between the CADE 2100 S2 and the Red Sea. I got a really good price on the Red Sea so I went with it. I bought all the other equipment I need for the set up during Black Friday/November sales and it's just sitting in a corner waiting. I know it's tough to wait, but I'm sure you'll be really happy once it arrives. I also know that Waterbox and Innovative Marine are on back order, for the similar sized tanks. I'm sure you already know by now, but you need a lot of patience to be successful in this hobby, so just look at this experience as a primer for what's to come. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one in this boat. Hang in there, as will I.

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the same tank within a few days of the date that you ordered yours. I received all the same information initially and currently. It might just be that the 850 came into stock sooner than the 1000. I was disappointed like you that it seems like it might not be until February when the tanks are finally available. I looked at custom, Waterbox, Innovative Marine, and several others and finally was debating between the CADE 2100 S2 and the Red Sea. I got a really good price on the Red Sea so I went with it. I bought all the other equipment I need for the set up during Black Friday/November sales and it's just sitting in a corner waiting. I know it's tough to wait, but I'm sure you'll be really happy once it arrives. I also know that Waterbox and Innovative Marine are on back order, for the similar sized tanks. I'm sure you already know by now, but you need a lot of patience to be successful in this hobby, so just look at this experience as a primer for what's to come. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one in this boat. Hang in there, as will I.
Well thank you for that post Hja99 we are almost twins now!! As i have done the same thing you did haha.. I have a ton of sand salt lights etc i bought over black Friday al sitting in a corner.. Now with my luck I will open these and find out they do not work and are past the return window hahah... just to let you know I have decided to wait and just hope i get it soon.

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well while I wait I'm glad I got this xl525 as its taking some of my itch away waiting for the main tank.. Here is a little vid of the setup everything is running great at the moment....

hja99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thank you for that post Hja99 we are almost twins now!! As i have done the same thing you did haha.. I have a ton of sand salt lights etc i bought over black Friday al sitting in a corner.. Now with my luck I will open these and find out they do not work and are past the return window hahah... just to let you know I have decided to wait and just hope i get it soon.
Just to give you a quick update about something I found this morning. The site I purchased my tank from now indicates that the 850 "usually ships in 2 - 3 weeks after submission of order," but the 1000 still says to call for an estimate. I'm sure ours will be on their way soon, and I'm sure it will be worth it. Also, from my research, I found that the Red Sea sump dimensions are pretty flexible to accommodate a wide range of equipment, so I'm sure what you bought will work. I am going to use the Triton method so the skimmer section of the CADE was going to be a bit more restrictive for me. Anyway, I'm following this thread so I'll chime in if I get any more updates.

DrJoos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you're going through this! Frustrating... but when it finally arrives you'll be so amped up to get going. Just keep planning all of the aspects of the build that you can during the wait...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Excited for you to get started on this one!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back