Rose Banded Fairy Wrasse???

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has one for $200. Says its only been collected one time from its natural habitat and apparently is the new largest member of the fairy wrasse family. Anyone ever heard of this fish?

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a very beautiful wrasse. I've had mine for well over a year now and is one of my larger wrasses.
043-1.jpg

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly true or false.

They are collected in one area and aren't as common as some others. But it isn't the newest, and isn't only being collected this one time.

Great looking Wrasse though - price seems about right unless you have an "in" with the LFS (best price I can get around here is ~$150 - but that is spending thousands on fish)

Who Dah?

Exoticfrags.us
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish Brad! It reminds me of my favorite wrasse, the Rosy Scales Fairy Wrasse (aka Strawberry Wrasse) which I recently acquired.

Is yours very personable? I could literally catch mine with my hands.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish Brad! It reminds me of my favorite wrasse, the Rosy Scales Fairy Wrasse (aka Strawberry Wrasse) which I recently acquired.

Thats how most of my wrasses are - They swim right up in my hands and everything. I literally have to "shoo" them away if I want to take pictures of corals because they will get in the way everytime!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Both , my rosey scle and my rosefacia are over 5 inches and both want to be center of attention.
I think thats why I love wrasses so much, they show so much peronality and for the most part, all get along together.

036-3.jpg

10-16-09010.jpg

10-16-09006.jpg

OP
OP
cntryboi407

cntryboi407

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information everyone. I'm glad that I have a little more information on this fish. Do you guys have open air tanks or do you guys have canopies? Ive had issues with my wrasses jumping out because my tank is open air and Ive been told to just purchase some screen or bird netting material. Good idea?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 55.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back