Roses' Reef Tank Build Elos 200 XL

Steelersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on an awesome tank. I have been a big fan of Elos tanks since Elos USA (Jesse) was the contact in the US. I looked at the Elos 200XL before going with my current 160XL Diamond Line. Since you have the space, the 200XL was a great choice. Enjoy!!!!

OP
OP
Reef4Rose

Reef4Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on an awesome tank. I have been a big fan of Elos tanks since Elos USA (Jesse) was the contact in the US. I looked at the Elos 200XL before going with my current 160XL Diamond Line. Since you have the space, the 200XL was a great choice. Enjoy!!!!
Thank you! It's been a long 7 weeks seeing that tank in the garage. We are ready to put it on the stand! Hopefully water in a week or so.

OP
OP
Reef4Rose

Reef4Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress is in the works. Installed water board, pressure boasted pump and storage/mixing tanks. Making H2O finally! Tank goes on stand Wednesday! Boosrer pump gets psi up to 90. Produced 50 gallons of RODI in 5 hours.

EB9462B5-C4AD-4A8E-9B25-1080108D5775.jpeg

Last edited:

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following...would love to one day get an elos 200xl. I'm curious about the overflow and drain.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that overflow looks so tiny. I love it! Looking forward to the plumbing. I don't get how it works with the emergency pipe within the main standpipe.

SharkbaitMuhaha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks amazing. I have been trying to decide what tank to go with for my new setup. Definitely going to scoop up a 200XL myself. If you don't mind, where did you order from and did it go smoothly? I didn't know you could do 2 overflows.

Thanks - excited to see this!

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks amazing. I have been trying to decide what tank to go with for my new setup. Definitely going to scoop up a 200XL myself. If you don't mind, where did you order from and did it go smoothly? I didn't know you could do 2 overflows.

Thanks - excited to see this!

Yeah that's a great idea to have 2 overflows. I knew you could switch sides, but two is great. I heard that the plumbing doesn't allow for high return flow, so two overflows would double that.

OP
OP
Reef4Rose

Reef4Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's a great idea to have 2 overflows. I knew you could switch sides, but two is great. I heard that the plumbing doesn't allow for high return flow, so two overflows would double that.
We are going to push as much as we can through 4 openings. I have a pump for each return for redundancy, power and ability to split off for manifold in the future.

SharkbaitMuhaha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ELOS quote me 8199$ for Tank + Stand. How do you feel about the seam quality long term? My concern is if rimless glass can handle large flow long term. I read about another reefer with a 160XL whos front flew off after a year.

OP
OP
Reef4Rose

Reef4Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my front comes off after s year we will not be happy! The seams are thick glass is 5/8”. 8200 for tank and stand seems like a fair price for what you get. I paid 6700 plus tax on 5500 for tank and had stand built for that price. I still need to get a wood surround made.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the front panel comes off after a year, it's not because of too much flow! Plus this is random flow. If you have a massive wave maker maybe that would put a little more stress. But for the return flow we were talking about, it's like 4 x 1/2 inch flow.

But just in case I'll let @Reef4Rose test out the tank for a couple years before I jump in ;).

cpbartak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really looking forward to the progress of this build. I've been looking for pictures or videos of the Elos 200xl set up, but hadn't found any before coming across this thread. Your daughter is adorable. I'm sure she'll have a lot of nice memories growing up with this tank.

OP
OP
Reef4Rose

Reef4Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been hard at it. Will post lots of pics soon. Aquascape is 2/3 done plumbing is done for now. Hopefully water this weekend.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back