OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do pretty much anything to not have tiny murderous hermit crabs marching all over my corals while I stand next to the tank yelling, "stop it you little jerk!"

I am still considering a conservative number of snails though.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You also can't learn if you change too much at once! Knowing and recording exactly what you did increases your chances of future success.
Observation, followed by observation, and then more observation. Couldn't agree more! Thanks for the photo updates. I look forward to your updates.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do pretty much anything to not have tiny murderous hermit crabs marching all over my corals while I stand next to the tank yelling, "stop it you little jerk!"

I am still considering a conservative number of snails though.
We picked up a Tuxedo urchin and it's been great at mowing down the green hair algae in my 13.5g. Highly recommend. My snails don't seem to do much with the GHA.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We picked up a Tuxedo urchin and it's been great at mowing down the green hair algae in my 13.5g. Highly recommend. My snails don't seem to do much with the GHA.
My primary concern is detritus. I would prefer to control the creation of nutrients at this stage, and have my chaeto handle the rest.

Some GHA is growing with my Chaeto in the fuge, but don't mind at all if that's where it stays. My Chaeto has almost doubled in size, but it still very far from filling out the fuge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our newest arrivals!
20191011_164039.jpg
20191011_164033.jpg

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I really hope they do too. My wife thinks I over-check parameters and copper levels, buts it's all with good intentions.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since I've updated anything with my build. Finally got off my behind and started the control panel this weekend.

20191012_153552.jpg

20191013_120731.jpg

The green switches are the primary on/off, while the red switches are 'on' overrides for anything with a float switch or timer.

I have some more learning to do with arduino before I move everything to a digital interface, bit this will work until then.

I also ordered another pump that will be dedicated to mixing saltwater. I'll have updates on that in a few days.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been awhile since I've updated anything with my build. Finally got off my behind and started the control panel this weekend.

20191012_153552.jpg

20191013_120731.jpg

The green switches are the primary on/off, while the red switches are 'on' overrides for anything with a float switch or timer.

I have some more learning to do with arduino before I move everything to a digital interface, bit this will work until then.

I also ordered another pump that will be dedicated to mixing saltwater. I'll have updates on that in a few days.
This control panel looks equally as complex as what put the first men on the moon!

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This control panel looks equally as complex as what put the first men on the moon!
Hah! Analog put us on the moon, and its going to drive my tank for awhile :D:cool:. The more I look at those labels, the more shoddy and unacceptable I think they are. It may be the solution for now, but there's no reason to half effort the product.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the look of the panels, personally. Where are they from and how are they all connecting to the relevant power supplies?
I'm good with the panel itself, just the labels need some help. I 3D printed the switch panels to fit the 3 prong 120v rocker switches. I haven't done any of the wiring yet, but I'll make sure to share when I do!

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm good with the panel itself, just the labels need some help. I 3D printed the switch panels to fit the 3 prong 120v rocker switches. I haven't done any of the wiring yet, but I'll make sure to share when I do!

Ahhhhhh OK, I see it now a bit more clearly; the lines on the panel from the 3D printing. Very cool. And everyone loves rocker switches. Excited to see the wiring and function.

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hah! Analog put us on the moon, and its going to drive my tank for awhile :D:cool:. The more I look at those labels, the more shoddy and unacceptable I think they are. It may be the solution for now, but there's no reason to half effort the product.
Hardly a half-effort! Looks great. I' a big fan of the rocker switches, too. I'm about 1 month into my apex and I already dislike reaching for my phone all the time when I need to switch something off.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back