Ross B Reef'n 170 Gallon & Fishroom Megabuild

Sinfullchef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan of cold welded connections?
Not really, but to be fair I have spent a fair amount of time wiring tractors and monster trucks (I.E. Stuff that bounces and vibrates a lot). Even with my reservations against cold connections, your cabinet is looking awesome!!!!

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, but to be fair I have spent a fair amount of time wiring tractors and monster trucks (I.E. Stuff that bounces and vibrates a lot). Even with my reservations against cold connections, your cabinet is looking awesome!!!!
Very cool! And thank you! I'm not a fan of using wire nuts outside of junction boxes, and the door is on hinges. I needed to make sure all the connections could withstand a small tug if for some reason the slack I left doesnt prevent that. I'll also check everything with a multimeter before it's put into service.

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's this darn engineering brain of mine. Blessing and a curse!
I know how that goes, I have one too. I am looking for a house then I can start my permanent build and make everything exactly the way I want. However, I'm not sure I will ever be as organized.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how that goes, I have one too. I am looking for a house then I can start my permanent build and make everything exactly the way I want. However, I'm not sure I will ever be as organized.
Sure you can be. Dream it up in your mind, then put those thought down on paper. If you have a plan and a process, you can be even more organized.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that this is one of the coolest, craziest, over top, amazing, thoughtful and well designed and built tanks I've come across in a long time! I love it mate! Your effort and love for your current and future inhabitants is just inspiring haha keep the updates flowing man!!

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that this is one of the coolest, craziest, over top, amazing, thoughtful and well designed and built tanks I've come across in a long time! I love it mate! Your effort and love for your current and future inhabitants is just inspiring haha keep the updates flowing man!!
Thank you so much! That definitly put a smile on my face :). Just being me, and expressing my joy for this hobby!

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just two more common neutrals to run, then wiring to the junction boxes, and the wiring is complete! Calling it a day for today though.
20191027_162318.jpg
It does look like a home wiring panel...

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you do house calls to set up aquarium systems?? Lol Put me on the waiting list!!
I wish! If I could make more money doing this than my day job, I would in a heartbeat! I'd also have to step my game up a little too. Wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't offer anything but the absolute best

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back