Friday night... its on!
20190809_191927.jpg

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice formation! I love the protrusions/peninsulas making the internal negative space. I personally would have it a touch taller, but it looks great!

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice formation! I love the protrusions/peninsulas making the internal negative space. I personally would have it a touch taller, but it looks great!
Thank you! Believe it not, I'm out of rock!! All ~160lbs in there. I'm going to try to play jenga to build up the right "mountain" a little more. I could stack rock 7 ways till Sunday on the table, but it was a new ball game doing it in the tank.

Pictures aren't really doing the cave feature justice

20190811_095548.jpg

20190811_095537.jpg

Little more rock play, then pinning. After that it's time to get this tank wet! 20190811_095548.jpg

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure it's always tougher inside the tank, and a bit surprising that you've got 160 lbs; definitely doesn't look it. It'd be nice to get the cave a bit more pronounced, but still looking good overall, imo.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this is looking great.
I love the scape and workmanship behind the tank.
Congratulations.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOOOOOOO!!!!! Wet tank AND a taller right side? I mean. Come ON. Totally awesome. Make water faster.
I don't trust the float valve in my rodi tank. It's worked once and failed once...

I ordered a solenoid, but accidentily bought a 24v AC relay instead of DC. So I'm stuck only making water while I'm at home @ 75g/day. Hopefully can make enough tonight to get the system running. I don't like the water sitting still.

link81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the "lever" float valves for this purpose. I find them to be more reliable then the vertical up and down types. I also use 2, and a timer. I know how long it takes my RO to fill the tank, so if it runs for 5 min longer then that, the controller will automatically shut it off and send me an email. I have to manually reset the alarm in order for the RO unit to run again.

other then that, wicked cool install. love the attention to detail. warms my little engineering heart.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer the "lever" float valves for this purpose. I find them to be more reliable then the vertical up and down types. I also use 2, and a timer. I know how long it takes my RO to fill the tank, so if it runs for 5 min longer then that, the controller will automatically shut it off and send me an email. I have to manually reset the alarm in order for the RO unit to run again.

other then that, wicked cool install. love the attention to detail. warms my little engineering heart.

Can't beat the reliability of redundency! It won't be as much of an issue after this initial fill, but the less I have to fiddle, the better. And thank you so much from one engineer to another :)

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed that the redundancy is key with any potentially limitless water source; hope that you get the DC relay asap so you can finish the automation.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT supplies shaping up nicely.
LFS visit planned for saturday morning!

20190822_191328.jpg

I really want ORA gladiator clowns, but my wife really wants regular ol' perc's or Occy's

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back