OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a long strange ride it's been! 9 months in, and now a 9 week old child needing my attention too! I've fought dino's and cyano, and won. Now it's GHA, which I'm not worried about at all. Wife won't approve 2 more MP40's, so there's cords in the tank now ;Blackeye. But all in all, this pain in the rear dry rock is maturing, FINALLY. I've been using cone head snails to up the biodiversity (they tend to carry a lot on thier shells). Unfortunatly I can't get the cone heads through QT alive. The nerite and cerinth's survive though.

20200422_082230.jpg

But wait, what's this. I couldn't get the MP 40's... but I did get something to go in here!

20200422_081708.jpg

Millimylilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you found you have less time for the tank with your new child? My wife’s due in June...
looks like your reef is thriving!

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First child?? Congratulations and get ready!! These first few months have been a whirlwind! I try to fit at least 2 hours a week of maintenance in. If I'm really lucky I can service the tank twice a week for a total of 4 hours. Since I beat dyno and cyano, the tank is a lot less maintenance. Older tanks typically are!

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scape is so awesome man! How's the crazy mad scientist fish room treating you?? :D
Thank you! Sometime I think, man, i would do everything different. But like just now, I mixed new saltwater and did a water change with the press of like 3 switches and a ball valve. It's all good :)

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scape is so awesome man! How's the crazy mad scientist fish room treating you?? :D
Oh yeah, cant forget to mention I started dosing amio acids this week, and the hype is real. My yellow tips austere started showing its first yellow tips about 2 days ago, and all the other frags look 10x better.
I also added a chiller to my system as temps we going over 80. Now it's a nice 77.

OP
OP
Ross B Reef'n

Ross B Reef'n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. How are the corals in QT doing. Or have they made their way to the display,
Thanks! Their all in the main display now. I was having issue with temperature in the fish room, even with HVAC, until I got the chiller for the display. All the corals are from WWC, so I'm not too concerned with it not being a full 76 days. Not all a are "planted" yet though. Few still on racks.

Back