Rotational moulded ATO and AWC water tank - under sump set up - to be made - give me your ideas?

Dukereefnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 90Gallon.
Rotational moulded ATO and AWC water tanks to sit under sump - to be made - give me your ideas?
There are for ATO and AWC (1% per day = 3.2l /day)

I am thinking about having 2 x 55L tanks made - they will sit on their end - 870mm high x 455mm Deep x 155 wide.
So two sitting together in one end of my sump will take up 310mm of space.

CapacityLength (mm)Width (mm)Depth (mm)
55L870455155
  • Renowned for their strength and quality
  • One piece rotationally moulded tank for structural integrity. No seam welds.
  • We will install as many female BSP Spinweld fittings as you require into the tank at the location and size of your choice.
  • Fittings are $15 each.
  • Due to being one piece the orientation of the tank can be mounted any way around.
  • Long term UV stabilisation rated at UV20 for superior UV protection.
  • Complies with Australian food contact requirements (AS2070:1,8) and potable (drinking) water standard AS4020.
  • We also have a range of Inspection Port that can be fitted to the tank.
  • Tanks can be couriered throughout New Zealand
These will be white - they can add fitting where I want..........

Now the issues start - these tank will just fit under my stand, they will be standing on their ends.
There will be 10mm of room from the top of the tank to the underside of the stand top.

So once in place I will not be able to get inside without removing them.
so what do i need?

Robotank - Reef-pi controller.

ATO - tank.

1) Drain plug at the front - just in case I need to empty and move them.
2) Low level, high level sensors on the rear - tank is 455mm deep - tank is 550mm inside sump, so lots of room behind.
3) Float valve for RODI water in, controlled with a solenoid valve - operate once every couple of day with a timer, it will need to be tuned to suit.
4) Access hold at the top for a rubber bung and electrical cord exit.
I could add an emergency drain?
Might install another fitting for a john guest fitting that the pump exit plugs into on the inside and the exit tube plugs into on the outside... keep it look tidy.
White tube for RODI exit and Blue for Salt water.

AWC - Tank

This will use a macro program on reef-pi to control - now idea how to sort that yet.
But I am thinking the same fittings for this tank also.

IMG_2905.JPG

Front with drain plug - a level indicator would be handy... any ideas?

IMG_2906.JPG

Back - low level, high level and float valve for filling. Not added is the john guest fitting for exit tube.. I like that idea.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back