Rowaphos Newbie

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some background first to help understand my position. I just moved my six month old waterbox tank into its new tank a week ago, a 60 cube. I tested parameters on tank day 3 and Nitrate was 0.0, Phosphate 0.10. Unfortunately, I had a large trochus snail get sucked into one of my Nero 3s. Today when I tested again, my nitrate was 3.7 and phosphate was 0.63. I presume this is related to the snail.

Anyway, I do have a reactor for Rowaphos setup, but I wasn't planning on using this for a while. I've never needed to run it in the old waterbox because my phosphates were never this high with just my two small clown fish. However, with the phosphate this high and some hair algae popping up over the past two days, do you think I should put some in? How much?

Also, my reactor came w/one sponge. I presume it's ok to not have a sponge under the rowaphos since it's upflowing? Is that true?

Thanks!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use/used rowaphos and yes you could, but in a tank of that volume I would probably just do some simple water changes

If you want to use it, the sponge in the reactor needs to be at the top ideally

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back