Royal Exclusiv RD3 Speedy 100watt High Pressure?

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that @AquariumSpecialty has a RD3 Speedy 100watt in the high pressure flavor: https://www.aquariumspecialty.com/r...edy-100-watt-2400-gph-pump-high-pressure.html

I was thinking of getting the 100watt as a return pump to also power a manifold (UV, chiller, and possibly a carbon reactor), but I don't need the full 3,000+gph, but really just need a lot of head pressure, especially with the chiller. The 100watt 2400gph should do great, especially with the chiller and any twists and turns I have in the plumbing.

Anyone use this pump and know how it compares with the non high pressure in terms of sound, reliability, and all that?

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're ultra quiet and the 1" output for plumbing is a lot easier to work with than the 1.25" that the regular speedy has.

Usually for non pressure pumps, reducing as far back as possible is best which complicates things since you plan on using it to feed many things at once.

OP
OP
kinetic

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're ultra quiet and the 1" output for plumbing is a lot easier to work with than the 1.25" that the regular speedy has.

Usually for non pressure pumps, reducing as far back as possible is best which complicates things since you plan on using it to feed many things at once.

Did you use one before or are using one now?

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the 230w ones which is what I'm basing my noise opinion on.
Plumbing wise it would be what i know of from asking slief in the past for pressure vs regular when I was considering which to buy.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back