Royal grama is it ich?

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as the title asks. I am still having a hard time to distinguish the 2.
20190518_185200.jpg

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just don't understand why the fish don't want to come out of QT. Everything is supposed to be transferred to DT tomorrow and now I spot this..

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from pic. I don’t see spots. I see blotches. How’s your ammonia? Might it be Flukes? A freshwater dip could confirm flukes but it can be very stressful for a sick fish. I’d hold off on the dip until someone more knowledgeable chimes in. @ngoodermuth and @Frtdrmrose7 to the rescue!!! I love summoning ppl :)

Good luck

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me that doesn’t look like ich. Looks like wounds from a fight with another fish or Brook, did you treat for brook in your qt?

A better picture would help too

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be wounds. I had to put my damsel in jail for picking on my 2 green chromis and killing one.. I noticed that the royal grama and my fire fish wouldn't come out of hiding..

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it looks like wounds are most likely. If the gramma has thick mucus then brooklyNella is possible, so google image it and check out the brooklynella thread on r2r. Copper doesn’t treat brook unfortunately.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they have had 14 days of copper, were they transferred to a second sterile QT? Have you treated with anything else?

I wouldn’t recommend transferring straight to your DT without a few weeks of observation in an unmedicated QT. It could just be a bit of a bacterial/viral reaction from being in copper and the aggression from the damsel. It’s a common side-effect of copper, as an immunosuppressant.

But, it could also indicate another parasite not treated by copper, could be present. Flukes and brook are both possibilities if they haven’t been addressed this far.

OP
OP
Anthonyl

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be going into a sterile tank right away. Would suggest all going to the sterile tank? The yellow tang, naso tang and clown look to be healthy.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be going into a sterile tank right away. Would suggest all going to the sterile tank? The yellow tang, naso tang and clown look to be healthy.

If they have all been in 14 days copper you could technically transfer them all out now... just to minimize exposure.

That way if you do end up treating for flukes, etc you don’t have to worry about treating two tanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back