Royal Gramma “flicking” sand. Is this normal?

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am currently treating for parasites but this is the 2nd week and none of the other fish are scraping. She only does this against the sand. Never the rocks. No clamped fins. She’s devouring food. Is this just something RG do or do I need to move from general cure to Metroplex?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to me like it’s either showing off for the clown or trying to assert dominance over it. Doesn’t seem sick at all. My clowns do this to each other but then clownfish are weirdos.

OP
OP
greetl01

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along mine do the same thing looks like flashing but seems behavioural as i qt'd and treated them (copper only) when adding.
Welp, my guess is flukes. This is my 4th GC treatment and she’s gotten progressively worse. Gonna do a water change and try prazipro again. You might wanna lead with the prazipro though.

OP
OP
greetl01

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along mine do the same thing looks like flashing but seems behavioural as i qt'd and treated them (copper only) when adding.
Yep. Prazipro did the trick. She’s no longer diving and is back eating. Going to leave in 7 days and redose just to make sure I get them all

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.....Prazi did not in fact do the trick. Turns out it was ich smh. Is your gramma still diving?
I think mine are toast I had two in my 150 but they are both on the missing list atm. Its a 6 foot tank so they may just be hiding in the rockwork. I am suspecting ich myself because now all my mollies are flashing. I have hundred's of adults and babies in the tank so running fallow isn't an option. I'm seriously considering a tear down so I can treat the whole tank.

OP
OP
greetl01

greetl01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine are toast I had two in my 150 but they are both on the missing list atm. Its a 6 foot tank so they may just be hiding in the rockwork. I am suspecting ich myself because now all my mollies are flashing. I have hundred's of adults and babies in the tank so running fallow isn't an option. I'm seriously considering a tear down so I can treat the whole tank.
That’s messed up....maybe you can save the rest since they haven’t gotten spots yet. I’d start copper TODAY if I were you. I regret dragging my feet. Just lost a 6 line wrasse I’ve only had for a week. My gramma is hanging in there but only by a thread. That one is a tough little cookie.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s messed up....maybe you can save the rest since they haven’t gotten spots yet. I’d start copper TODAY if I were you. I regret dragging my feet. Just lost a 6 line wrasse I’ve only had for a week. My gramma is hanging in there but only by a thread. That one is a tough little cookie.
I hope your gramma makes a comeback Ive been in the hobby for years without ever having a problem now its constant issues with fish, I can relate to the wrasse I just lost a seemingly healthy naso tang the night after moving it to my display (after 2 weeks in qt). It seems like the virulence of some of these conditions are increasing. Either that or the health of the fish being shipped in is worse than it used to be. I never qt'd anything 5 6 years ago and I never had problems. Its frustrating for sure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back