Royal gramma died! I have no clue why!

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was feeding my coral when I saw my gramma dead stuck to a pump. Just two days earlier he was swimming and eating healthy. He had no visible parasites and no bloating or any signs of unhealthyness. All my water tested good. Ph was a bit low but everything else was ok. Ph was at 7.8 or 7.9. All my other fish and coral are healthy and doing great. Is there anything I did wrong? Was there anything I could’ve done to save him? I did not see him yesterday, but I thought He was just in his cave ever since then I just haven’t seen him. Like I said, he was just found dead on a pump. Any one know why this could be? Thankyou all in advance.

4C27D0B7-F8DF-425F-BA1B-024F4644870E.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you did anything wrong. Maybe it got sucked into the pump on accident maybe it was old and just died.

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you did anything wrong. Maybe it got sucked into the pump on accident maybe it was old and just died.
I got him as a young adult. He was healthy and growing. Then all the sudden, I stopped seeing him for a day. Then the next day he was in the pump. His cave is on the exact opposite side of where the pump is. And my blenny sits on that pump just fine. Thanks for the response but I don’t think either of those are it. Do fish get cancer or have heart attacks? Bc it was really an unexpected death.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience if you have a seemingly healthy fish die you will never know what caused the death. If your water parameters are good I'd assume it's nothing you did that caused it.

I once had all of my fish go from seemingly healthy to dead within about 2 hours and I never knew what caused it.

OP
OP
Subtropic Reefer

Subtropic Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience if you have a seemingly healthy fish die you will never know what caused the death. If your water parameters are good I'd assume it's nothing you did that caused it.

I once had all of my fish go from seemingly healthy to dead within about 2 hours and I never knew what caused it.
That makes me feel better. Thankyou. I am going for a hair cut today and my lfs is near it so is it safe to get another today or should I wait a few days?

Back