OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a standard treatment of their’s. Just be aware that any time somebody suggests an antibiotic to use, it is just a guess; both as to which antibiotic to use, and often, if it is even a bacterial issue to begin with. I don’t have another treatment to suggest, so if the fish is looking worse, you should probably try it.
Jay
Hi Dr. :) Jay,

I think the clown is going to be ok. He has not been to the top of the tank at all since I moved him to QT 2 days ago. He is swimming normally today whereas before there was a lot more fin movement. I just put the second dose of Kanaflex in and will do a third if you think I should? God only knows whether it was the Prazipro or Kanaflex which worked magic. :) @Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dr. :) Jay,

I think the clown is going to be ok. He has not been to the top of the tank at all since I moved him to QT 2 days ago. He is swimming normally today whereas before there was a lot more fin movement. I just put the second dose of Kanaflex in and will do a third if you think I should? God only knows whether it was the Prazipro or Kanaflex which worked magic. :) @Jay Hemdal
I think Kanaplex calls for 3 doses, if so, you should follow that.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal Gramma still not eating normally, so I have moved him to the hospital tank too to get treated for six days with Kanaplex.
Be sure to monitor ammonia daily and keep it under .25 ppm.
Jay

OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thought to double check daily which I will do. It's sitting at .25. I wish Mars Petcare, whose corporate office is close to me and I tried to get a job with several times, would get their product corrected. I have three bags of Seachem Matrix that I keep in my freshwater tank that are now in the hospital tank.

OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, I am still struggling with both fish. It seemed yesterday the clown was starting to have a bit of buoyancy again so I went ahead and added a dose of Prazipro to the DT. The royal gramma has finished his treatment of Kanaplex in the hospital tank. He is still not eating much if at all. I put some garlic soaked Massstick in front of the PVC pipe. I am thinking of treating him with Prazipro again or perhaps switch to API Cure All? Or something else? He acts and looks fine other than hiding a lot.
#jayhemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, I am still struggling with both fish. It seemed yesterday the clown was starting to have a bit of buoyancy again so I went ahead and added a dose of Prazipro to the DT. The royal gramma has finished his treatment of Kanaplex in the hospital tank. He is still not eating much if at all. I put some garlic soaked Massstick in front of the PVC pipe. I am thinking of treating him with Prazipro again or perhaps switch to API Cure All? Or something else? He acts and looks fine other than hiding a lot.
#jayhemdal

Have you tried brine shrimp or small mysids on the gramma?

I don't think Prazipro would have any benefit against buoyancy issues - it is an antihelmenthic (worms) and those don't cause buoyancy problems. What are the symptoms the clown is showing? Is it still eating?

By API Cure All, do you mean General Cure? That is Praziquantel and metronidazole mixed.

Jay

OP
OP
Sebastiancrab

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay,

Yes, I have tried live brine shrimp on the gramma. As of today, there are no meds in the hospital tank and he still doesn't show much if any interest in food but seems to act fine. Yes, I mean API General Cure. Do you think I should try it? Or maybe he is a fish that just doesn't eat much?

The clown eats like a pig and is in the DT but I think he has just a bit of the buoyancy still. I have gotten rid of the Prazipro. At some point, I think it would be best to move him to the hospital tank and have another dose of Kanaplex.

Kindly let me know your thoughts. Thank you! #jayhemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Jay,

Yes, I have tried live brine shrimp on the gramma. As of today, there are no meds in the hospital tank and he still doesn't show much if any interest in food but seems to act fine. Yes, I mean API General Cure. Do you think I should try it? Or maybe he is a fish that just doesn't eat much?

The clown eats like a pig and is in the DT but I think he has just a bit of the buoyancy still. I have gotten rid of the Prazipro. At some point, I think it would be best to move him to the hospital tank and have another dose of Kanaplex.

Kindly let me know your thoughts. Thank you! #jayhemdal
The problem is that lack of appetite in fish is a vague symptom of some larger issue, I just can’t tell you what that might be. It doesn’t seem to be a protozoan issue and you’ve already treated with antibiotics and Prazipro, I don’t see general cure offering much benefit.
So - the clown is a bit positively buoyant? Like when it stops sculling its fins it bobs upwards? Does it tend to swim head pointed down? Have I seen a video of it?
Jay

Back