H

Hebrewhammer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.

So I have done 2 treatments on prazipro. I did a water change yesterday and my royal gramma is still flashing although it appears to be much less. I am planning on doing another round of prazipro this Friday. Still eating which is good.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.

So I have done 2 treatments on prazipro. I did a water change yesterday and my royal gramma is still flashing although it appears to be much less. I am planning on doing another round of prazipro this Friday. Still eating which is good.

Breaking the life cycle of flukes can be very difficult. If the species of fluke is an egg layer (as many gill flukes are) you need to try and time it so that all eggs left in the tank hatch out, and can be killed by the Prazipro, but before they get old enough to lay more eggs. Since you can't see the flukes, timing is all just a guess. You might try shortening up the interval, and redosing Tuesday or Wednesday.

Jay

OP
OP
H

Hebrewhammer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breaking the life cycle of flukes can be very difficult. If the species of fluke is an egg layer (as many gill flukes are) you need to try and time it so that all eggs left in the tank hatch out, and can be killed by the Prazipro, but before they get old enough to lay more eggs. Since you can't see the flukes, timing is all just a guess. You might try shortening up the interval, and redosing Tuesday or Wednesday.

Jay
Thanks Jay. I just get paranoid that it might be ich instead since I'll occasionally see 1 white spot but then it falls off later that day (I'm assuming it's just sand).

Truly thank you and everyone else here who has commented. The community is great and I'll keep everyone updated on how it is progressing.

OP
OP
H

Hebrewhammer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a better picture. Fins look torn up and the only marks are on the fins. Let's hope this next round of prazipro does it's job.

Attachments

• PXL_20220928_212245120.jpg
    PXL_20220928_212245120.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 64

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a gramma in pretty good condition - nice full belly. The caudal fin has some possible bite marks on it. Remind me - who are the tankmates? Trying to think of what fish might have done that.....

Jay

OP
OP
H

Hebrewhammer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a gramma in pretty good condition - nice full belly. The caudal fin has some possible bite marks on it. Remind me - who are the tankmates? Trying to think of what fish might have done that.....

Jay
A tiny occellaris clown. I mean maybe my emerald crab pinched him possibly? But my clown and him are always always together. Maybe accidental bite during feeding. It is definitely a race between them to who gets food first.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back