Royal gramma nipping at Halloween hermit?

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this normal behavior? I even fed the gramma today and it still nips at its shell. The hermit just hides and walks away

anemoneanatomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it following the hermit around and bothering it, or is the hermit trying to head into the Gramma's territory? If it's the former, that is weird. If it's the latter, though, my Royal Gramma gets mad if anything in the tank (fish, snails, or crabs) get too close to "his" cave, and will both perform threat displays (at everything) and occasionally nip at the inverts until they go away.

OP
OP
D

Deadlocked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it following the hermit around and bothering it, or is the hermit trying to head into the Gramma's territory? If it's the former, that is weird. If it's the latter, though, my Royal Gramma gets mad if anything in the tank (fish, snails, or crabs) get too close to "his" cave, and will both perform threat displays (at everything) and occasionally nip at the inverts until they go away.
It doesn't follow it around. But if its chilling on the left side of the tank and the hermit is walking by it looks at it litr what the heck is that and then nips at it a couple times. It doesn't do this to my new fish though. They get along really well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back