RR Night Show? ANyone heard of such an acro?

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the local frag swap last week and, while browsing the displays looking for a bright orange acro, one particular frag caught my eye. The guy told me it was an "RR Night Show". It was the brightest orange acro frag I saw at the swap, so I bought it for $60. The color was good, the price was good, so I am good.

Not that the name matters (because I got the orange I was looking for), but when Googling the name to see pictures of bigger colonies (I like to see how they grow before placing them in "their spot"), nothing by that name comes up. So now I'm wondering...

I'll try to get a good picture of it to add here, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of an acro named anything like that. The guy said he'd had the mother colony for quite a long time, but I'd never seen anything like it before. And certainly nothing else like it at the swap.

EDIT: I added pictures a few posts down.

Last edited:

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the local frag swap a few weeks ago and, while browsing the displays looking for a bright orange acro, one particular frag caught my eye. The guy told me it was an "RR Night Show". It was the brightest orange acro frag I saw at the swap, so I bought it for $60. The color was good, the price was good, so I am good.

Not that the name matters (because I got the orange I was looking for), but when Googling the name to see pictures of bigger colonies (I like to see how they grow before placing them in "their spot"), nothing by that name comes up. So now I'm wondering...

I'll try to get a good picture of it to add here, but I was wondering if anyone has heard of an acro named anything like that. The guy said he'd had the mother colony for quite a long time, but I'd never seen anything like it before. And certainly nothing else like it at the swap.
Can you post a pic? Lots of stick people on here that might be able to help with a pic.

OP
OP
Hooz

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are two pictures. One with adjusted white balance and no filter, the other with an orange lens.

received_1272257573552249.jpeg

received_1235531420506687.jpeg

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, it's an Acropora latistella which tend to have peach colored flesh, yellow tips, and sometimes blue at the distal ends of branches. See for instance:

Of note, there are blue, red, pink, and purple variants available as well.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was at the local frag swap last week and, while browsing the displays looking for a bright orange acro, one particular frag caught my eye. The guy told me it was an "RR Night Show". It was the brightest orange acro frag I saw at the swap, so I bought it for $60. The color was good, the price was good, so I am good.

EDIT: I added pictures a few

Hey Man, i got it from vivid aquariums back when they had more high end acro offerings. It used to be listed as one of their signature corals (even though it was listed as a reef raft piece) or something like that, and they don't have that on their website to point you to any more. I did find a pic on their old show off thread, if doesn't look exactly like it does in my tank of course but here is a link if you want to check it out.

start on the last page, or scroll through it, but the pic i found was on the last page. pic below, is what they had posted.

1667490798490.png

OP
OP
Hooz

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pic of my mother colony a while back before i lost it, yours is one of several small frags i cut that grew up since then.
ns1.jpg

Perfect! That's what I was looking for! I'm doing an SPS nano, so I like to see how bigger colonies look before I pick a spot in the tank. Branching, tabling, etc makes a difference when space is limited. :D

Back