Red Sea REEFER 250 ALL Pre-Conditioned and most CAPTIVE-BRED Fish, SPS, Zoanthids. Slow Poke Reef. WE HAVE WATER!! start page 61.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about getting glass doors like this from Cronos Doors.

4AB0090C-641A-4684-A2F8-47D17FAD70BC.png

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two week update. Got door ordered and bought this RSK-300 REEFER skimmer silencer 3D printed from @Butuz. This silencer is quite a bit quieter than the stock. Getting controller board wired will take pictures of it.
A1EEE0BE-7B82-4612-8ACD-C86DD49605A2.jpeg

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two week update. Got door ordered and bought this RSK-300 REEFER skimmer silencer 3D printed from @Butuz. This silencer is quite a bit quieter than the stock. Getting controller board wired will take pictures of it.
A1EEE0BE-7B82-4612-8ACD-C86DD49605A2.jpeg

Great to hear that, enjoy!

PS Btw, I like the cronos doors as well. Thinking about the same now!

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Butuz I got some initial information from @CDavmd about the doors he bought and his contact with the Cronos Door company but I had quite a bit of problems ordering it. I originally used the program at Cronos Design Door Online website and cart to select all the details about my door and pay for it. The account manager I was assigned to (must be a big company) emailed me to let me know I left some information out and overpaid. We worked out the details over several emails then he emailed me an estimate which he wanted me to sign and send back. Well I faxed the signed copy and an hour later his secretary emailed me to tell they have no working fax and that I would have to scan the signed copy and email it back. I have no means to scan paper so I took it to a computer/office supply store where they scanned it and sent it off at 5 PM Friday, May 17. Well May 18 I flew out from Montana to Illinois for my son's graduation and rushed back on May 20. The next day I opened an email from the account manager I've been working with and he said he didn't get the scan. Scanned the paper again, emailed it, now it's almost two weeks and haven't heard from the company. I will wait a couple more days and then call or email. Whew!!

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Butuz I got some initial information from @CDavmd about the doors he bought and his contact with the Cronos Door company but I had quite a bit of problems ordering it. I originally used the program at Cronos Design Door Online website and cart to select all the details about my door and pay for it. The account manager I was assigned to (must be a big company) emailed me to let me know I left some information out and overpaid. We worked out the details over several emails then he emailed me an estimate which he wanted me to sign and send back. Well I faxed the signed copy and an hour later his secretary emailed me to tell they have no working fax and that I would have to scan the signed copy and email it back. I have no means to scan paper so I took it to a computer/office supply store where they scanned it and sent it off at 5 PM Friday, May 17. Well May 18 I flew out from Montana to Illinois for my son's graduation and rushed back on May 20. The next day I opened an email from the account manager I've been working with and he said he didn't get the scan. Scanned the paper again, emailed it, now it's almost two weeks and haven't heard from the company. I will wait a couple more days and then call or email. Whew!!

Hope it goes smoother from here! Do you mind sharing the details on what you ordered, exact measurements etc? Since I have a Reefer 250 too, will save me some time having to summarize the specs for them. Thanks, mate!

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Butuz I will share the details that you can use because the door is for the Reefer 170 stand that is electronics and storage utility stand for the 250 system as it sits next to it. The account manager's name I'm working with is David Michalak and his email address is [email protected]. He did @CDavmd 's door too. This is an aluminum frame cabinet door with the style frame: Corleone.
Frame Anodizing: Matte Black, Frame Insert: 4mm Graphite Reflection Glass, Tempered. Plus 2 hinges. The dimensions wouldn't do you any good for a RSR 250 as this is for a RSR 170 stand. The single door and S&H to Montana was @271.04. Just noticed Production time 1 to 2 weeks. Additional time for tempered glass 4-5 days. Standard shipping time 4-6 business days via FedEx ground. Hope this helps you!!

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
Just an FYI-

I believe the height of all reefer doors is the same. The width is what you will need to measure carefully.

Regarding hinges- Their hinges will require you to drill new holes in the cabinet (preferable). You can use the original Reefer hinges but it will require drilling the door for new screw pilot holes ( a bit more difficult due to aluminum material).

I was put in contact with Cronos by @JDowns. Check out his build. Crazy impressive! He has details on how to drill the aluminum if you choose that route.

Cheers

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
Just an FYI-

I believe the height of all reefer doors is the same. The width is what you will need to measure carefully.

Regarding hinges- Their hinges will require you to drill new holes in the cabinet (preferable). You can use the original Reefer hinges but it will require drilling the door for new screw pilot holes ( a bit more difficult due to aluminum material).

I was put in contact with Cronos by @JDowns. Check out his build. Crazy impressive! He has details on how to drill the aluminum if you choose that route.

Cheers
@CDavmd thanks for the info, I will check out @JDowns . Good luck with your doors @Butuz .

Last edited:
OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought this WXM module 2nd hand from @MSB123 and started to have a problem with it. The port with the two AquaBus receptacles got pushed back into the module when the slightest bit of pressure was put on it. It was still under warranty so I got proof of purchase from MSB123, sent it in to Neptune Systems, they fixed it free of charge and they sent it back without charging for shipping.

03AC82D5-B5DD-48C9-8124-F4F35DF0583B.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys
Just an FYI-

Cheers
I screwed up with my door hinge placement holes but I can make it work. I am lucky Cronos made the hinge holes compatable for the original Reefer hinges even though the ones on mine are a little off in height and the screws holes are a little off. I missed the part of CDavmd's post above that he believes all reefer door heights are the same. The 170 is a little shorter in height. I will get pictures tonight when I get home tonight. JDowns had to drill the large >1" hole for the reefer hinge part that goes in the recessed door hole and I thought Cronos was going to put on their own hinges on. I didn't read the estimate agreement carefully and if any of you buy a Cronos door make sure they get the hinge part right !!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large recessed holes in top picture are for the round part of the Red Sea stock hinge in bottom picture. Top door is Cronos and bottom is Red Sea. The placing of the holes could have been screwed up worse but I will make it work.

68EE70DF-7872-4C5D-979B-7D81A0EE2E0E.jpeg

F4FED6F5-6072-4F4F-B29E-3F1C53440171.jpeg

Back