RTA: Tiki Madness After Sale! Use Code: Tikitorch for 25%OFF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are really strong..so be careful. I only run 2% white when the whites come on. Blues Two hours before whites and after. Basically 34% blue channel and 2% white..about 15 inches above waterline. For a start I would go with a lower % and work up

Last edited:

TheDorkLord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of the features and rep, idk if I would go with anything else. I have 2 corals that are giving me trouble right now. 1 is a hard mode acro that I never should have bought. Or dropped on the floor....twice....The other is a torch coral that I totally bleached out with my lights (fingers crossed it will recover, but I figure it's living on borrowed time). Wound up turning them down to 65%. Othe than those, all is good. From Acros encrusting to zoas that are popping out new polyps. I've been super lucky. Plus, they are fully automated with an acclimation mode and control over individual spectrums and ramping. They are great. I got them here, used for $180 and $185 about 6ish months ago. No tax, no shipping. Although I didn't have to, I did go ahead and purchase replacement lenses for them for about $30.

The Noopsyches look pretty good. The k7 goes for $250 right now. If that coupon code works, that would be 2 for $325 + shipping (and maybe tax?). The spectrum and par both look pretty good on 'em. I can't speak much about the features on the app though. I can say I signed up for their giveaway and would have totally used one for a tank if I won it.

As for viparspectra, sblights, marsaqua, etc. I don't really have anything against them. It's about the extra features some other lights have. Right now, it looks like they are about $160 each for the 165w (I had a single 300w mars aqua for a while on a timer). Although it looks like you may be able to do some mild shenanigans to get them a little cheaper.
@billyocean is definitely right that they are powerful. More so than they may appear. You would definitely need to turn them way down and very gradually increase the intensity. But, that goes for any of these lights.

Edit: sorry for writing a novel here and not trying to hijack the thread or anything

Last edited:

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of the features and rep, idk if I would go with anything else. I have 2 corals that are giving me trouble right now. 1 is a hard mode acro that I never should have bought. Or dropped on the floor....twice....The other is a torch coral that I totally bleached out with my lights (fingers crossed it will recover, but I figure it's living on borrowed time). Wound up turning them down to 65%. Othe than those, all is good. From Acros encrusting to zoas that are popping out new polyps. I've been super lucky. Plus, they are fully automated with an acclimation mode and control over individual spectrums and ramping. They are great. I got them here, used for $180 and $185 about 6ish months ago. No tax, no shipping. Although I didn't have to, I did go ahead and purchase replacement lenses for them for about $30.

The Noopsyches look pretty good. The k7 goes for $250 right now. If that coupon code works, that would be 2 for $325 + shipping (and maybe tax?). The spectrum and par both look pretty good on 'em. I can't speak much about the features on the app though. I can say I signed up for their giveaway and would have totally used one for a tank if I won it.

As for viparspectra, sblights, marsaqua, etc. I don't really have anything against them. It's about the extra features some other lights have. Right now, it looks like they are about $160 each for the 165w (I had a single 300w mars aqua for a while on a timer). Although it looks like you may be able to do some mild shenanigans to get them a little cheaper.
@billyocean is definitely right that they are powerful. More so than they may appear. You would definitely need to turn them way down and very gradually increase the intensity. But, that goes for any of these lights.

Edit: sorry for writing a novel here and not trying to hijack the thread or anything
We’ve turned this into a lighting thread!

but awesome thanks for the advice!

ill make sure to start with them low and gradually increases.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I did par readings on my noopsyches. I couldn't believe the par level output at 95%.
I keep my noops at 60. Took me 8 weeks to go from 25% to 60. Only question i have, par levels after 1 year. These are newer.

I do recommend noops. But, i miss t5's.

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did par readings on my noopsyches. I couldn't believe the par level output at 95%.
I keep my noops at 60. Took me 8 weeks to go from 25% to 60. Only question i have, par levels after 1 year. These are newer.

The controller was definitely a turn off for me

TheDorkLord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PAR after a year would be interesting to know.

I've been wanting to add 2x single bulb 36" T5s to supplement my lighting. Get some of that blanket light going.

All to grow the wonderful corals we got from Riptide Acuaculture!!

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
For anyone still waiting for their order, please be assured we are watching the weather and staying in close communication with Fedex in regards to delays. It's our goal to make sure you receive your package in a timely manner in the best possible condition.

If you have in questions, please feel free to email: [email protected] or call: 321.295.6567

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.33.03 AM.png

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone still waiting for their order, please be assured we are watching the weather and staying in close communication with Fedex in regards to delays. It's our goal to make sure you receive your package in a timely manner in the best possible condition.

If you have in questions, please feel free to email: [email protected] or call: 321.295.6567

Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.33.03 AM.png
Just send me a quick picture of my babies from daycare please lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back