RTA: Tiki Madness After Sale! Use Code: Tikitorch for 25%OFF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean...she was just sitting there...batting her lashes at me...so...

Screenshot_20220111-210828_Chrome.jpg
I’m still waiting for new stuff to go up!
Lol

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Because of the features and rep, idk if I would go with anything else. I have 2 corals that are giving me trouble right now. 1 is a hard mode acro that I never should have bought. Or dropped on the floor....twice....The other is a torch coral that I totally bleached out with my lights (fingers crossed it will recover, but I figure it's living on borrowed time). Wound up turning them down to 65%. Othe than those, all is good. From Acros encrusting to zoas that are popping out new polyps. I've been super lucky. Plus, they are fully automated with an acclimation mode and control over individual spectrums and ramping. They are great. I got them here, used for $180 and $185 about 6ish months ago. No tax, no shipping. Although I didn't have to, I did go ahead and purchase replacement lenses for them for about $30.

The Noopsyches look pretty good. The k7 goes for $250 right now. If that coupon code works, that would be 2 for $325 + shipping (and maybe tax?). The spectrum and par both look pretty good on 'em. I can't speak much about the features on the app though. I can say I signed up for their giveaway and would have totally used one for a tank if I won it.

As for viparspectra, sblights, marsaqua, etc. I don't really have anything against them. It's about the extra features some other lights have. Right now, it looks like they are about $160 each for the 165w (I had a single 300w mars aqua for a while on a timer). Although it looks like you may be able to do some mild shenanigans to get them a little cheaper.
@billyocean is definitely right that they are powerful. More so than they may appear. You would definitely need to turn them way down and very gradually increase the intensity. But, that goes for any of these lights.

Edit: sorry for writing a novel here and not trying to hijack the thread or anything
Its all good Dork! Got any picture of these corals your having troubles with?

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is beautiful and one of my absolute favorite fish.

but yes unfortunately I cannot add any fish with out him harassing them to death or to
Just hiding forever

huge jerk. But beautiful
I was thinking of trying to find a reef compatible one to add when I upgrade.

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of trying to find a reef compatible one to add when I upgrade.
doesn't even look at my corals

and I have a few peppermint shrimp that he tried to eat when first introduced but left them alone after a couple days.

I think if I would have waited and added him last then it would be ok.

I just want to add more fish but he wont let me.... :(

TheDorkLord

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its all good Dork! Got any picture of these corals your having troubles with?

They are from another company. But yeah. Think parameters are good. Although I am trying to raise nirates w/o raising phosphates right now.

Ph 8.3
Alk 7.4
Mag 1500
Cal 440
Phos .18
Na .05

I moved it around about every 2-3 days for the first few weeks I had it, trying to find a spot it liked. Rookie mistake. For the last week, I left it in the same spot where it basically only gets light from 1 hydra (ab+ @ 65%) it's got one tentacle that looks a bit brown. Not sure if that is the start of brown jelly or not. Crazy thing to me is that I also got a hammer the same day that has been just loving life. Idk.

Edit: I kinda resigned to just leaving it alone to see what happens

20220115_104208.jpg 20220115_102215.jpg

Last edited:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't even look at my corals

and I have a few peppermint shrimp that he tried to eat when first introduced but left them alone after a couple days.

I think if I would have waited and added him last then it would be ok.

I just want to add more fish but he wont let me.... :(
i just noticed you are in Columbus! I am Cleveland. you should come up for the LEAR swap.

Back