RTP area reefers

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I've recently been getting back active in the reefing around here. It felt like a lot of the community stuff in the area used to be spearheaded by the reef farm back when it was open to the public. They still have occasional events, but is there a society or group in the area anymore that's active? I'm looking to meet local reefers and exchange corals/equipment and help each other out/share knowledge.

If something like that doesn't currently exist, are there reefers in the area that might be interested in putting something like that together? I'd love to foster some community in the reefing hobby in the area and get a chance to share tanks/advice with one another or even just wax poetic about our specific setups/current obsessions!

Thanks!

OP
OP
Cthulukelele

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re in the RTP/Chapel Hill area! Would love to attend and share with local reefers.
Awesome! I have covid and can't make it to the event sadly. They host them tri-anually though and tomorrow's should be fun! Usually 1 in March, 1 in the summer, and 1 in December. Grace and BJ are great and we're super helpful in getting started. In fact, the 18 inch toadstool in my build started from a nickel sized baby from 1 of there's almost 5 years ago!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.1%
Back