Rub a dub, I love my scrub

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went on vacation for two weeks and I was terrified that my sister would kill everything in my tank...
On the day before I flew out my tank bottomed out of nitrates and phosphates and I had red threads all over the tank literally over night and my sister who doesn't know anything about fish tanks was going to sit them. Talk about scared.
I simplified everything, I took out the socks, I took off the skimmer cup and left the skimmer running.
I figured that by the time I came back, the phosphates and nitrates should rise enough to rid the tank of the red menace.
I showed her how to top off my ATO, how to shake my bottles of phyto and how to feed my fish and then I prayed.

Two weeks later, my tank is free of the remaining GHA that I was fighting, the red menace is no more and my fish and stock survived.

The only thing I didn't ask her to do was clean off the glass. When I first saw the tank it looked like a furry green bear was in the tank and I feared the worst.
Once I cleaned off the glass everything looked great. Huge relief.
Today I cleaned off the algae scrubber and I pulled off easily a pound of algae buildup from the two weeks. That and the Fuge was the only means of filtration that I had running as I couldn't trust my sister to change the socks or clean the filter cup, yeah for me and you it's easy, not so much for non fish folk.

But all in all the tank looks great. Now to make RO water and do a small water change.

Going on vacation is scary at best, when you don't have a viable backup, you make do. The best thing is that the GHA is finally gone after a long battle.
I have a camera over the tank and I checked often but it's not the same lol

20210802_164257.jpg
20210802_164516.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back