Ruby Rally Pro and Maracyn 2 mix together OK?

xpusanx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

As I mentioned in the previous thread. My clownfish seemed to have brook, so I am treating it with Maracyn 2, and today is day5.
The fish swims and eats good as before, but I still see white spot, and I am not seeing huge improvements on fins yet.

My question is that can I apply Ruby rally pro in this current tank with Maracyn 2?
Ruby Rally pro instruction says apply Rally pro for 3 days.

I was thinking
Maracyn 2 day-5/Ruby Rally pro day-1
Maracyn 2 day-6/Ruby Rally pro day-2
Maracyn 2 day-7/Ruby Rally pro day-3
Then, it completes the cycle.

I would've done Ruby Rally pro first, then Maracyn 2 as this link (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brook-treatment-advice.742649/)
Bur Rally pro was delivered later, and I was in a hurry. I don't want to separate the treatment with a break unless it is necessary because catching a fish is a pain in the butt.

Please share your knowledge and thank you.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi all,

As I mentioned in the previous thread. My clownfish seemed to have brook, so I am treating it with Maracyn 2, and today is day5.
The fish swims and eats good as before, but I still see white spot, and I am not seeing huge improvements on fins yet.

My question is that can I apply Ruby rally pro in this current tank with Maracyn 2?
Ruby Rally pro instruction says apply Rally pro for 3 days.

I was thinking
Maracyn 2 day-5/Ruby Rally pro day-1
Maracyn 2 day-6/Ruby Rally pro day-2
Maracyn 2 day-7/Ruby Rally pro day-3
Then, it completes the cycle.

I would've done Ruby Rally pro first, then Maracyn 2 as this link (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brook-treatment-advice.742649/)
Bur Rally pro was delivered later, and I was in a hurry. I don't want to separate the treatment with a break unless it is necessary because catching a fish is a pain in the butt.

Please share your knowledge and thank you.
If its brook, maracyn 2 will literally do nothing as its for bacterial issues.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.

OP
OP
X

xpusanx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its brook, maracyn 2 will literally do nothing as its for bacterial issues.
Typical treatment is a formalin solution is mixed with in a separate container with either fresh or saltwater. Start with a quick dip in the formalin at a higher concentration then performing treatment in a prolonged bath of formalin base at a lower concentration in a quarantine tank. The longer the fish are exposed to the formalin treatment the more effective it will be at eliminating this issue.
If a formalin solution is not available for immediate use, temporary relief can be achieved by giving the fish a FW bath or dip in water same temperature as display tank. Even though this treatment will not cure the disease, it can help to remove some of the parasites, as well as reduce the amount of mucus in the gills to assist with respiration problems.
Treatment is best done in a QT tank using either quick cure (more effective) or Ruby Rally Pro. Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.
OK, maybe I was misinformed. Formalin is not available, but I have Ruby Rally Pro.
Can I do a small water change with my current tank with Maracyn 2, and apply Ruby Rally Pro for three days?
Or does it have to be new salt water?

Back