Ruined! :( Caribsea Life Rock

http://www.marcorocks.com/

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
I always grab a hammer and pry bar and but into workable sizes, a drill, and some 1/2 PVC and use as a frame and glue in place using Gel Super Glue or Emarco 400....

Lazys Coral House

rcillig

View Badges
Reaction score
what did you use to make them so uninformed, I tried this one and failed at it miserably. Also, did you cure them in water, I read somewhere about it but can't find it... always wondered if I had too.

We use these for our coral. Homemade with cement
1604294490522.png

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
what did you use to make them so uninformed, I tried this one and failed at it miserably. Also, did you cure them in water, I read somewhere about it but can't find it... always wondered if I had too.
We started a thread, if you have questions add them to the thread.
Cheers! Mark
diy-frag-disks.745213

ItalCanadaReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well my first attempt at aquascaping ended in a disaster. I think I would make a better butcher than an aquascaper lol!

I bought 40 LBS of Caribsea Life rock. And then bought on arch for 50 dollars from a local store. The rocks form the 40 pound box were extremely large as was the arch. I only have a 40 Gallon Breeder. I tried to shape and glue some of the rock together with E-Marco. I came up with the pic below. But when I put it in the tank it seemed to be extremely large. So I tried to play around with it and the arch broke and fell and shattered half of it. Ugh!

Back to the drawing board. I might just get the Life Rock Shapes and use that with what I have. The arches seem smaller than what I just broke. I am guessing I'm not the first to butcher an aquascape project. :(

IMG_5480.jpeg
Nice user name was going to call myself “testa di pesce” hahaha

http://www.marcorocks.com/

Are you LAB TESTING your water parameters?

• YES I do or have

Votes: 168 40.4%
  • NO

Votes: 118 28.4%
  • No, But want to in the future.

Votes: 126 30.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors