Ruined! :( Caribsea Life Rock

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be more trouble than good . . But if you take a hammer and a flathead screwdriver (and wear glasses) you can break the larger chunks into smaller more manageable pieces. I did this for mine, as like yours some of the big rocks were just too big.
DBBE44BD-20DA-49E0-8494-689BE7C11837.jpeg

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may help you with your struggles...

Thanks. I heard some bad reviews about this. Saw a video of someone using it and saying how great it was. Then a few months later said that he can no longer recommend as it does not grow correline algae and does not hold after awhile.

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks all. Going to work with this and do what many have recommended. Break up pieces and glue them together and see what I can come up with. I am going to empty out the water (except for a few inches above the sand) into a garbage can and work with the rock in the tank and then put water back in. I put my clownfish in the quarantine tank so they are fine for now. I will show the finished product when done.

thanks for all the advice!

IMG_5558.jpeg

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks all. Going to work with this and do what many have recommended. Break up pieces and glue them together and see what I can come up with. I am going to empty out the water (except for a few inches above the sand) into a garbage can and work with the rock in the tank and then put water back in. I put my clownfish in the quarantine tank so they are fine for now. I will show the finished product when done.

thanks for all the advice!

IMG_5558.jpeg
You know once you get corals growing on that scape it will look good--I could work with what you have there. You kinda got to think what it will look like years down the road after the corals grow.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in that in RODI water? do you think the same time is needed for jointing dry rock?
I think a couple weeks would be fine if you used hydraulic. We tried to find "low alkalinity" cement but apparently the cement industry stopped using that designation.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I read the topic, I was guessing something like rock fell and cracked the bottom of the tank! Much more recoverable. Good luck!

AndyR83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick tip: If you do decide to redo the design with the sand already in the tank, be sure to move it all to one side away from where you’re working as you do it. It’s important that the rocks be directly on the glass, not on top of the sand. You don’t want digging critters to be able to get under the rocks!

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say I love the thought of aquascaping but in reality don’t enjoy it. I bought boxes of caribsea rock for my new build and was so unhappy with every scape I built I bought Arka rock floating reef pieces and love it. Ready made and just throw it in. I am very fortunate to be involved in the industry however and I know only too well how expensive all of this can be. I like what you have done so far. Just need to picture it covered in coral. All too easy to try and make your tank look the way you want it right away with rock alone.
33EAAFCC-F3C8-4AEA-9E68-F422D5B9918D.jpeg

ED69E838-FA15-475E-8150-2A8ABC145283.jpeg

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back