Rumor only - New Vortechs??

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at my LFS this past weekend and one of the employees told me that he had heard a rumor Ecotech is going to release a new version of the Vortechs. Does anyone know if this is possibly the case? Again, he made it clear this was just a rumor thru the grape vine.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think about it, a new version of everything comes out eventually ;Hilarious
I was at my LFS this past weekend and one of the employees told me that he had heard a rumor Ecotech is going to release a new version of the Vortechs. Does anyone know if this is possibly the case? Again, he made it clear this was just a rumor thru the grape vine.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not really hard to change the chips out though. I accidentally bought a normal QD without realizing it and had to buy the WQD chip. It went in pretty easy. I’d think it would be easy to swap them out for a newer “compatible” chip
My best guess, they are getting ready for them to be compatible with mobius. I have read the older Mp's with a green wifi chip will not talk to the mobius app, and need a newer black colored wifi chip.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not really hard to change the chips out though. I accidentally bought a normal QD without realizing it and had to buy the WQD chip. It went in pretty easy. I’d think it would be easy to swap them out for a newer “compatible” chip
Ooh no doubt they are easy to swap out, but I wonder if this is the upgrade one speaks of?

OP
OP
B

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, but the reason I asked is I need to get a couple more MP40s, and would hate to get one just prior to an update of sorts.

mikeintoronto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A vortech update is very due so I wouldn’t be surprised if this is true. I probably wouldn’t buy a new one just yet if the LFS is telling you about this.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current version of the vortech came out in 2015. MP40 was completely redesigned; MP10 and MP60 just got a new driver. Seems that building in mobius compatibility has been more 'running change' than 'new version'. Hard to see what improvements could be frankly. Perhaps a redesign, or different options, for the nozzle/cage to provide some level of directionaiity .... but that seem smore accessory than new version.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regardless, what could you “upgrade” on the WQD’s? I haven’t had any issues with mine. They’re quiet and put out a lot of flow

Maybe a lower profile on the wetside. My MP40s are huge in my tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back