Running mixed LED fixtures?

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some negatives on using 2 AI 26HD and 2 a360we over a 180? I currently have the AIs on the outside and the 2 Kessils between them. The kessils will be controlled by the apex once I get it set up.

I actually have 4 360s but like the spectrum of the 26 more.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main disadvantage would be blending the 2 different light sources. if you staggered the lights I believe there would be an obvious difference between the areas lit by each light type. If I were using both I would likely do 3 and 2 so that most of the tank could be covered by 1 light type with the other being the accent.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it for a while. So long as you're providing enough light, the only real negative is that the different 'zones' of your tank will look a little different. Given that you have another Kessil available, I'd actually recommend using 3 Kessils with your two Hydras. Two Kessil on the outside + one in the middle, with your Hydras sandwiched between them. That'll give a relatively uniform blending throughout the tank except on the outside edges.

Alternately, if you can afford it, the new Hydra 32s are on sale today, so just pick up one or two of them and run with all Hydras.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back