Running Ozone and Co2 Scrubber on the skimmer

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am currently running my Nyos 120 with a Co2 scrubber in a recirculating configuration. I want to add Ozone to this. Not sure how the ozone + the co2 scrubber on the same skimmer will react. safe to proceed?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running my Nyos 120 with a Co2 scrubber in a recirculating configuration. I want to add Ozone to this. Not sure how the ozone + the co2 scrubber on the same skimmer will react. safe to proceed?
I have a Nyos 160 and I feed the ozone directly into the silencer. I would probably run the ozone into the bottom of the silencer and the air line from the Co2 scrubber into the top of the silencer.

I assume it would be safe as everything (air, ozone) is getting pulled into the skimmer directly. You will need to replace the nylon screw in the silencer with a titanium one if you add ozone.

tanksoftwiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nyos 160 and I feed the ozone directly into the silencer. I would probably run the ozone into the bottom of the silencer and the air line from the Co2 scrubber into the top of the silencer.

I assume it would be safe as everything (air, ozone) is getting pulled into the skimmer directly. You will need to replace the nylon screw in the silencer with a titanium one if you add ozone.
I am thinking about doing the same thing, but I run it recirculating style. My plan is to feed the ozone into the skimmer, output from skimmer cup to carbon filter, than through the co2 media. I think this will eliminate the moist/dry air issue while at the same time being safe. I think?

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The air coming from the Co2 scrubber will be moist , You'll need a dedicated air dryer for the ozone. About to go on this journey myself.

tanksoftwiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skimmer has two inputs. One for air, and one for ozone. Was thinking the dry and moist air wouldn’t be an issue with two inputs? Also was up all night with a sick kid, so may not be thinking straight. Lol.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the Nyos 120 which i will be running the Ozone. Let me know what you came up with.
On my Nyos Quantum 160 the ozone port is on the bottom - but I switched it to the top with some flexible tubing instead (I found the tubing adhered too tightly to the thin port on the bottom of the Nyos and I ended up accidentally snapping it off trying to remove the tubing for maintenance).

OP
OP
Tuan’s Reef

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Haven't installed the ozone yet. My tanks are automated otherwise I would not have the time for the hobby.

I plan on installing the ozone and a uv sterilizer sometime next month.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back