Running short on cabinet space 200XL

Gamby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea 200XL has been filled and running for several months now as I have attempted to add equipment to the tank and cabinet. I seem to be running out of space quickly. I will get to the list of equipment but is anyone else having this problem or am I just going a bit overboard?

Equipment list:
1-Apex controller with extra power bar
1-VarioS return pump with controller
1- EcoTech Light
1-Backup heater with controller (Considering)
1- Aquamaxx roller mat filter
1-Regal in sump skimmer
1-ATO direct sourced from rodi system in basement
1-ATO failsafe shutoff due to direct water source
2-EcoTech power heads
1-LED Cabinet light
2-Additional outlets for additional power heads to clear detritus from behind aquascape
1-UV sterilizer (considering). This may need to be a unit that hangs on the back of the tank (due to space constraints) which would require an additional pump.

Since most, if not all, of these items come with some sort of transformer and controller, in many cases, space is running short. I tried adding the pull out control board but am thinking of pulling it out for the extra space.

The tanks sits in a corner with very little access to the back of the cabinet which I considered as an extra mounting location for equipment but decided that it is not really feasible. I have considered building shallow cabinets for each side of the Red Sea cabinet to house electronics but this would detract from the asthetics of the Red Sea tank and cabinet.

Please feel free to offer thoughts, criticisms, suggestions and maybe some pics of your cabinets if you have run into the same problem. I have been keeping marine fish for 30+ years and have had plenty of ups and downs as well as an occasional tendency to go overboard. My intention with this setup was to spend more time enjoying the beauty of a piece of the ocean in my family room and less time hauling water.

Thanks in advance for any input and suggestions!

flyingscampi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently building a XL 200. I just bought two under desk cable baskets to hold the power supplies and surplus wire, and mounting all the controllers on the door with velcro tape.

It's not complete yet but I'll eventually have:

2 x Tunze powerheads
1 x ReefLED 90 light
1 x Kessil A80
1 x TMC return pump
1 x Tunze ATO
1 x Heater controller with 2 heaters
1 x Dosing pump

1.JPG

2.JPG

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at my build thread you may get a few Ideas there. I also added a besta cabinet from Ikea. It matches the RS stand and I was able to house my Apex in there. Also perfect place to store some daily's, and I might of stuck a small Mangrove tank on top of it...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back