Rust brown flatworms return

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an issue with rust brown flatworms last year and after using flatworm exit for a month they seemed to all be dead. Fast forward to now and they are back!

Yesterday I saw a few on my toadstools and decided to do a dose of FE again thinking it was just a few and I was wrong. Hundreds of flatworms emerged and died off, floating around the tank.

This is a 20 gallon tank. Siphoned out what I could after waiting the allotted time. Then did the 20% water change and added carbon as usual. Everything looked fantastic! Came home from work just now and there are dozens of flatworms on the glass where they weren’t before. Is it normal for this to happen after using FE? Maybe I should have dosed 2x? Is it safe to use again now or should I just wait the week to dose again.

Unfortunately it’s a 20 gallon tank or I would have a yellow coris wrasse in a heartbeat. None of my fish are interested in eating them lol (swissguard basslet, midnight ocellaris, YWG).

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this recent article about using Lanthanum (slowly). I started and it is working nicely.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this recent article about using Lanthanum (slowly). I started and it is working nicely.

Wow interesting read. Will have to try this if FE fails :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back