OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that piece was only in contact with RODI, my thinking is you are safe.

For peace of mind, run some cuprisorb and or metasorb for a bit. Done.
I wanted to aquascape so badly today, of course I realized this metal issue last night, right after dumping all of the salt in. I'm going to force myself to try and handle this the best way for successful long term results. So, I ordered an ICP test. I need to look into Cuprisorb vs Metasorb vs Detox and what else they may bind and take out that is needed by acros. If anyone has a preference please let me know.

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that piece was only in contact with RODI, my thinking is you are safe.

For peace of mind, run some cuprisorb and or metasorb for a bit. Done.
I ended up going Cuprisorb since it was easier to get this week, than metasorb. I'm going to run the Cuprisorb for, I'm not sure how long, and then send in the ICP test.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up going Cuprisorb since it was easier to get this week, than metasorb. I'm going to run the Cuprisorb for, I'm not sure how long, and then send in the ICP test.
I am pretty confident this will sort things safely. I doubt you had much to be concerned with but would do the same anyway. Penny-wise.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following!

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I recently set up a SPS tank, Like you had a thriving SPS tank. However, I ended up moving and sold everything. Got the itch and purchased a new tank for the new house. Set up the tank, and purchased SPS during RAP, then dumped them in. Things are thriving, even though I used live sand, and some seed rubble/rock and cheato from a local. Worked out fine, no issues no uglies. Just be cognizant and try to keep things stable. One simple screw up can throw a wrench in... Check out my build, I do have higher end sps along with a couple softy.

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I recently set up a SPS tank, Like you had a thriving SPS tank. However, I ended up moving and sold everything. Got the itch and purchased a new tank for the new house. Set up the tank, and purchased SPS during RAP, then dumped them in. Things are thriving, even though I used live sand, and some seed rubble/rock and cheato from a local. Worked out fine, no issues no uglies. Just be cognizant and try to keep things stable. One simple screw up can throw a wrench in... Check out my build, I do have higher end sps along with a couple softy.
Awesome, I’ll definitely check out your build.

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered these right before discovering my brass issue. They were supposed to go into my newly aquascaped tank but now they go into the Brute with the rocks.
As of today the rocks with StartXLM test 0-ammonia and 0.25 nitrite. I did a 25% water change in the Brute before adding the copepods.

CCE71729-6D80-4B91-9CC6-E49D97FF6ED7.jpeg

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cuprisorb has been in a very high flow area of my sump since Thursday and I think I’ll take my ICP sample water on Tuesday. I’m pretty sure by then my entire water volume will have run thru the Cuprisorb 750-1000 times. I don’t know if that’s long enough, but sounds long enough to me.
I replaced all of my T5 bulbs today, my old bulbs probably had about 8-months on them.

This time I’m going:
Front to Back:

ReefBrite XHO LED Strip
Blue+
Actinic
Coral+
Blue+
Blue+
Coral+
Actinic
Blue+

The Tenuis should look pretty good under that combo, considering it’s mostly T5. But, I got the XHO LEDs for Dawn/Dusk viewing for some real pop and some extra PAR.

B55465BF-F9EE-426F-9BAD-5EF9E1C6DAFB.jpeg 47492C02-6EC1-446B-BE20-1CD99AD6185C.jpeg

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure that ICP test will come back clean and safe buddy!

corey
Thanks! I was hoping to have the results back by now, usually Triton is fast. It is getting to the point now where I should probably take out the Cuprisorb regardless, before it strips beneficial trace elements too. I'm at 11-days now of running Cuprisorb.

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the ICP results back and it looks like a clean bill of health! ICP report attached.

The test sample was taken after running Cuprisorb for 4-days, I will never know if the brass fitting leached anything or not, but I don't think that matters anymore.

Essentially this is a big batch of Brightwell NeoMarine salt readings. After doing the conversion from these numbers, it looks like my salinity is 34ppt, so I'm going to get that up to 35ppt before I add coral and that should raise my Calcium a bit. I'm also going to dose a little Iodine, I think it is important to have proper Iodine levels.
The sample water was in the ICP vial for about 10-days before being tested, I'm not sure if that effects any of the readings or not.

The 2nd time I fired up my ATI fixture one of the channels was not working at all. I thought a ballast went bad on me but it just turned out to be one bad bulb, as I found from putting old bulbs on that channel. I called BRS and they are taking care of the one bad bulb. I've always had good experiences with @Bulk Reef Supply customer service, in the couple times I had an issue.

Time to Aquascape! I literally thought I would have been fully aquascaped by mid-November..... Lot hiccups already.

I hope my 3x bottles of Copepods are still alive. I added them to the Brute a few weeks ago. There is zero algae on the rocks for them to eat, however, I have been dosing phytoplankton every day.

Attachments

• Reboot 120-Gallon - 02_01_2022 (B-K76O8r).pdf
    159.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my aquascape done yesterday. It’s mostly the premium Marco shelf rock with about 6-pieces of their flat bottom foundation rock. My goal was:

1. Create lots of space for acros and maybe a torch or two.

2. Have the least amount of rock touching the bottom glass as possible. Most of my aquascape is elevated up as you can see in some pics I’ll attach. This should make detritus removal easier.

AVOIDING THE UGLY STAGE ENTIRELY

Supposedly Brightwell CLEAN can do that, so per their instructions, I am soaking a bio brick in 120-gallon worth dosage of CLEAN for 24-hours and then will add to my sump. From there I plan to dose it once per week.

Let’s see if this stuff works!

D075855D-C6D1-48F1-B6F2-A2F4EDB72308.jpeg 9914D24B-ABA7-421C-A9A8-CC020677A2BE.jpeg 1E70D6D6-7367-4AB0-8066-967AF478FEFD.jpeg B6C2096E-16F5-40A5-B6BA-E2FBFF667BA9.jpeg 78740BD4-DB11-4447-8DB8-7E5FF1EAC933.jpeg

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to be EXTRA safe, considering my 1st ICP took a long time to get the results in, I ran ANOTHER ICP test.

For my second ICP test, I literally dropped the Triton package off at the Post Office this Monday afternoon and got the results back by Wednesday afternoon / today. Triton is back to business as usual!

Attached in the ICP I just got back today, it looks good! Really good, I just need to bring my salinity up a bit. That was expected though because I have just been dumping RODI water in manually for top off and I usually will add a bit extra.

However, now that I'm going to start stocking my tank with fish, I will turn my Tunze Osmolator back on. Not sure, why I haven't done that already.

Attachments

• Acro Dominant 120 - 02_03_2022 (B-0Nkvqv)-1.pdf
    159.6 KB · Views: 51

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to be EXTRA safe, considering my 1st ICP took a long time to get the results in, I ran ANOTHER ICP test.

For my second ICP test, I literally dropped the Triton package off at the Post Office this Monday afternoon and got the results back by Wednesday afternoon / today. Triton is back to business as usual!

Attached in the ICP I just got back today, it looks good! Really good, I just need to bring my salinity up a bit. That was expected though because I have just been dumping RODI water in manually for top off and I usually will add a bit extra.

However, now that I'm going to start stocking my tank with fish, I will turn my Tunze Osmolator back on. Not sure, why I haven't done that already.

What's your plans for stocking?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back