OP
FactoryKTMmotocross46

FactoryKTMmotocross46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks incredible!!

If I ever happen to end up near San Antonio I would trade you a chunky frag of my Walt Disney for a sliver of that beauty lol.

Thanks, yeah my WD is just starting to take off but I would never say no to a piece that looks like yours!

OP
OP
FactoryKTMmotocross46

FactoryKTMmotocross46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 9-12-19
20190912_171830.jpg
20190912_172015.jpg
20190912_172151.jpg

Everyone wants to be in the picture.

OP
OP
FactoryKTMmotocross46

FactoryKTMmotocross46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! Awesome growth the FTS is amazing :D . I just basically started over things weren’t going well, so it’s nice to see good positive photos vs. my view which is somewhat depressing lol.
Thanks, yeah your tank still looks amazing though.

Claybird1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Much appreciated from the legendary Alton lol.

Awesome, all you guys in San Antonio. My first tank--fortunate enough to get Alton's old planet 180.. still has it's magical powers !! Pretty much done cycling, already scrubbed a whole round of diatom off. Still kinda moving the far west side of the tank rocks around.. Got the 1/2hp chiller finally running and should have the other two reefbrite pendants mounted to our super duper custom fixture by next week. Getting biopellet reactor set up and the fuge rolling by end of week also. Cant wait for the need to start running my co2 bottle, regulator cracked wide open !! Still have a mess of stuff to organize and finish.. long way to go. This is a full time job, who'd have ever thought? Hehe..

20200110_233328.jpg
Amazing SPS yall, would love to see them in person some day.

Holler if you have a ritteri laying around !

Clayton
20200110_232155.jpg

20200110_230629.jpg

OP
OP
FactoryKTMmotocross46

FactoryKTMmotocross46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, all you guys in San Antonio. My first tank--fortunate enough to get Alton's old planet 180.. still has it's magical powers !! Pretty much done cycling, already scrubbed a whole round of diatom off. Still kinda moving the far west side of the tank rocks around.. Got the 1/2hp chiller finally running and should have the other two reefbrite pendants mounted to our super duper custom fixture by next week. Getting biopellet reactor set up and the fuge rolling by end of week also. Cant wait for the need to start running my co2 bottle, regulator cracked wide open !! Still have a mess of stuff to organize and finish.. long way to go. This is a full time job, who'd have ever thought? Hehe..

20200110_233328.jpg
Amazing SPS yall, would love to see them in person some day.

Holler if you have a ritteri laying around !

Clayton
20200110_232155.jpg

20200110_230629.jpg
That's awesome. You are super lucky and your aquascaping looks amazing. Are you planning on a mixed reef?

The pictures are nice but they don’t even come close to seeing it in person, the tank is amazing! I hope I can do justice to the frags I picked up.
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Claybird1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. You are super lucky and your aquascaping looks amazing. Are you planning on a mixed reef?

Thank ya! It took a lot of hours, some power tools and many green-topped bottled gorillas to hold it down. Lotsa little caves for critters to hide from the 5 yr old booger outside the tank. Lotsa ledges for dedicated colonies...hopefully the lone island group on right side of tank stays LPS and is far enough away from SPS stuff for tentacles to reach.
Tried to leave a race track sorta thing for the tangs to do their laps but.. I can see now, since I got carried away with rocks, that the acros will probably consume the space between glass and scape.
20200113_221455.jpg
20200113_221504.jpg
20200113_221418.jpg
20200113_221431.jpg
20200113_221526.jpg

Yeah it is definitely going to be mixed but heavy on the SPS side. Really pushing the lighting.. will likely run all three halides at 250w (two RB digitals with 250w 14k's, one 400w solistek digital normally with probably a radium but will keep a 10k lamp around also for growth, so options there), and then the four 80w t5s actinic and a pink. Might add a kessil on each end to spot some stuff and get a little more range on colors down the road a few blocks. Overkill I know (electrician here, have to over complicate it of course !) Have the decent sized chiller and co2 setup from a previous horticulture hobby so I figure why not blast some lights on some SPS? Going to start with some euphyllias soon and try to get my hands on a magnifica first so it can find a place to settle.. some other LPS in a few months. I dont know Alton's secret to keeping these big angels and massive LPS colonies together so I'll have to stay away from thems fish unfortunately. But really want to top it off with bonsai'd out acros, tabling stuff, montis, pavonas, oh man you name it. The next few months of waiting for parameters and my routines/methods to stabilize are gonna be tough, not to mention tuning all the equipment.

Gratefully have the help from one of my employees -a former service tech at Aquatek in Austin, and of course Alton for advice and hands-on assistance. I wouldnt have gotten this far without their help. I had a 20 gal freshwater with a pleco named George and some guppies and a cichlid when I was 12 years old.. still heavily adjusting to the complexities and responsibilities with keeping a reef. Definitely have goals to get this tank as vibrant, diverse and complex as yours is for sure! Absolutely incredible your tank. I already got the approval from the wife to get a shallow frag tank later this summer, right next to the 180, she just doesnt know it yet..!

Sorry about the long post! And thank you for responding!

Clayton

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back