Sad day today

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to start the process of taking down the tank and doing a reboot. Recently my fishes started to lose its fine. At first I didn't think much of it then my bandit died. My tangs skin looks like they are falling off the fish. I had treated the system multiple times with prazi for flukes. I don't know what it could be but a serious case of bacterial infections. So now I'm taking all the rocks out and bleaching them while I get the tank to only contain fishes to treat with Prazi, kanaplex, furan2, and nitrofuracin green power. Once the fishes heal I'll move them to a holding tank and eventually run the display with fresh water and a cup of bleach for a few weeks and then eventually restart the system.

6362f8c4ff34b4598c3af0410275f13c.jpg

I have never ran into an issue like this as it's not ich or velvet or anything I've seen. I'll post a picture of the tangs later when lights are on. I just want to get them healthy again

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to start the process of taking down the tank and doing a reboot. Recently my fishes started to lose its fine. At first I didn't think much of it then my bandit died. My tangs skin looks like they are falling off the fish. I had treated the system multiple times with prazi for flukes. I don't know what it could be but a serious case of bacterial infections. So now I'm taking all the rocks out and bleaching them while I get the tank to only contain fishes to treat with Prazi, kanaplex, furan2, and nitrofuracin green power. Once the fishes heal I'll move them to a holding tank and eventually run the display with fresh water and a cup of bleach for a few weeks and then eventually restart the system.

I have never ran into an issue like this as it's not ich or velvet or anything I've seen. I'll post a picture of the tangs later when lights are on. I just want to get them healthy again

I am truly sorry to hear about your situation. Please remember to take care of you during this time.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it maybe be brooklynella? That’s the first thing that comes to mind with “peeling skin”?

I agree, pictures might help get a good posistive ID and help narrow down the treatment needed :(

I’m sorry you are dealing with this...

OP
OP
S

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's is a picture of my Achilles hybrid

632386958a135022ec271c9cdcccf5c1.jpg

OP
OP
S

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i didnt but a lot of the fish lost its fins and tails.

OP
OP
S

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible to catch all the fish without rock removals. So a restart is a must.

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a big water change so the fish will get stuck towards the bottom. A lot easier to catch that way.

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a big water change so the fish will get stuck towards the bottom. A lot easier to catch that way.

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lazydaze73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a really big water change so the fish get stuck towards the bottom and easier to catch.

OP
OP
S

scuzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have dose furan 2 and general cure together. Lets see if they can recover.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back