Sad times in my big reef... maybe someone can help?

skydirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said you were using microbacter 7 before, I would dose microbacter clean. It takes awhile and you need to pull socks and turn your skimmer off for 4 hrs. Run a week with heavy filtration and skimming. Do a large water change and dose again. Running carbon will help during this time. After the two weeks you can add tester SPS and should see a difference. Nothing beats time and steady work in a reef

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My system is about 700 gallons as well. I had crazy high nitrates when I first set up
My tank and ran a sulpher denitrator for a month or so to basically take my nitrates to just barely detectable. Now I run a huge refugium with a bunch of miricle mud in it. It keeps my nitrates under 1. Do you have any algae filtration at all?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Water change(s) followed by addition f chemipure elite which I use religiously on my 660g to control Po4 and NO3
I have Red Sea NoPox and have lost confidence in the product. IF I use it, I use may 3 ml max to tank
Thales Mentioned the sponge. I use that also which works well. If your sump is as big as mine- Its best to use the 12" X 12" pack. the normal 5X10" gets used up (change color) fairly quick.

Kenneth Wingerter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back